Lt. Commander
http://forums.startrekonline.com/ann...php?f=226&a=10

In the Announcement by PWE_BranFlakes this event was to have a duration from 10:00am February 2 until 10:00am February 6th, Pacific Standard Time. When we got in around 1:20 PST the Q's event was not present. To quote directly:

"Q: How long does the event run?
A: From around 10:00am PST on Thursday, February 2, 2012 through around 10:00am PST on Monday, February 6, 2012."

Please Fix this. I was planning to finish off my own run of the event, and I know quite a few of european fleet mates and friends planned to do so as well. Changing the times of events like this is a bad idea that's happened only once before that I can think of. Hopefully this problem can be repaired before the event timer is out, and still give me time to get a few winks of sleep.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-06-2012, 01:30 AM
i finally get in to game after getting many unable to connect to servers and i find out that i cant get the new ship because they took down early! i am a 700 day member life time! i spent plenty of money to get my free stuff! I want my free ship!!! i now dont have time to go back in till night time you guys need to send people there ship or extend the event since you took it down early need a screen shot i have some!
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-06-2012, 01:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackV7
To be honest, I wish they offer us an extension due to the extended downtime this past Sat. maybe extend the event to Tuesday instead.
I agree 100%.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-06-2012, 01:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackV7
To be honest, I wish they offer us an extension due to the extended downtime this past Sat. maybe extend the event to Tuesday instead.
I'm sure this would be greatly appreciated by those of whom had busy weekends and intended to complete this mission early on Monday morning. Not everyone is home over the weekend, after all, especially on Super Bowl Sunday. Granted, this is STO...
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-06-2012, 01:35 AM
Hey guys I've merged a few threads together to make this one uber leet awesome thread about the 2 year party ending early. Thought I'd stick an fyi about it in here :p
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-06-2012, 01:44 AM
I'm really upset by this myself; I was just about to start the mission for one last character before the downtime...come back and says 'Dropped Mission: The Odyssey Class'!

I second others, it's not even 10am UTC, let alone anywhere near what could reasonably be considered 'about 10am Pacific', so this missing after the downtime is utter bull.

I'm hoping it gets extended now until Tues /sigh
Lt. Commander
# 17 what gives
02-06-2012, 01:46 AM
OMG

are ya kidding me DEV's i got alot of toons and slowly going threw each one running the mission i got on right when i got home from work 1159 to run my final ship mission on my klingons and server went down.. ok so i waited til 130 am and the servers up went to finish my last fed toon wich i started prior to reset...

i get back on and its over with WHAT GIVES IT EVEN SAYS the time when its going down and ya turning this off 8 hrs before stated in your posting about this event....

From around 10:00am PST on Thursday, February 2, 2012 through around 10:00am PST on Monday, February 6, 2012.

all the other events ya done it ran to the dead line then it went poof from game... this is fauls advertisment too.. and is totaly unfair
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-06-2012, 01:55 AM
Greetings, Cryptic. I (like others) have a simple request:

Your press releases and blog updates state that the Anniversary event is to end at 10am PST. That is, as of this posting, a little over 8 hours from now. The event is not active on your servers following your patch and there are players (myself included) who have not been able to take advantage of it yet but are hoping to do so. We are currently very confused as to why your own timetable is not being adhered to and eagerly awaiting a positive resolution to this discrepancy.

Please re-enable the event for, at the very least, the remaining duration you specified to players. Players who may have had to plan their lives around a last-minute attempt to participate. It would be very much appreciated and go a long way towards resolving frustrations in the early hours.

A Humble Gold Subscriber
-- @Nikotaka
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-06-2012, 01:55 AM
What the? This is abismal. If it was a mistake i really do hope they rectify asap so i can get the Odyss.

If it was intentionally ended WELL AHEAD of the stated time and wont be rectified, then honestly: this is a game changer for me, they wont get another cent out of me. Id rather go give some dosh to the Star Wars mob.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-06-2012, 01:57 AM
I stayed up late to create and level a science officer just for this. Wandered in at around 2 AM Pacific to find that the Odyssey-providing engineer was quite gone. This is an 8 hour difference from 10 AM Pacific.

I am rather dissatisfied with this and a few other things I've been running into as a new Gold member. I hope that this is corrected soon, and not in a manner that sneaks up and hands over the 8 hour difference at a time I can't get to or am aware of it.
Closed Thread