Lt. Commander
# 21
02-06-2012, 02:03 AM
I'm adding my 2 credits on this as well. I was all set to get the ship on my last toon, a Klin Engineer, who was one mission away from lvl 21. before the server went down at midnight PST. When I logged back in, a bit more than 8 hours away from the scheduled event end time, the mission-giver was missing. The character is now lvl 21, and standing where the questgiver should be, with a confused look in his face.

..Especially since the calendar still has the event text in green with an 'In progress' notation for the 2nd anniversary event.. Despite the lack of NPCs.

The character name is J'Tan. The account name is @SweetBearCub.

Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-06-2012, 02:12 AM
Just going to throw this out to those that might have missed it; pay attention to the bolded part...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehpic
The purpose of this maintenance is to deploy a fix for the database crash that occurred on Saturday. There are no other changes and there should not be a user patch.
Lt. Commander
# 23 Not Happy Jan
02-06-2012, 02:13 AM
So wanted to chase more Q's around. Not happy that the event ended 8hours early.

Please fix or makeup for it
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-06-2012, 02:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorHalcyon
Just going to throw this out to those that might have missed it; pay attention to the bolded part...
This was completely unintentional, I am certain of it.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-06-2012, 02:15 AM
Disappointed that the event ended early considering it says ending at 10am PST.

They probably wont even notice till 8/9am, the very least they could do is extend it another day for the inconvenience.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-06-2012, 02:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeHopper View Post
http://forums.startrekonline.com/ann...php?f=226&a=10

In the Announcement by PWE_BranFlakes this event was to have a duration from 10:00am February 2 until 10:00am February 6th, Pacific Standard Time. When we got in around 1:20 PST the Q's event was not present. To quote directly:

"Q: How long does the event run?
A: From around 10:00am PST on Thursday, February 2, 2012 through around 10:00am PST on Monday, February 6, 2012."

Please Fix this. I was planning to finish off my own run of the event, and I know quite a few of european fleet mates and friends planned to do so as well. Changing the times of events like this is a bad idea that's happened only once before that I can think of. Hopefully this problem can be repaired before the event timer is out, and still give me time to get a few winks of sleep.
I'll second what DodgeHopper said.
In Branflakes' "Anniversary Event FAQ" thread it is clearly stated that the end time is Feb. 6 2012 at "around" 10 AM PST.
In the Season 5 Dev Diary #12 located at http://www.startrekonline.com/node/2838 it essentially says the same thing: "The event will run from around 10 AM PST on Thursday, February 2nd, through around the same time on Monday, February 6th."

The time now is 2:14 AM PST on Feb. 6th and the event has apparently terminated in both First City and ESD. Either someone has dropped the ball or the event started early, and they arbitrarily decided to end it early.

I don't necessarily want to see the event restarted (I got my chance to grab some dilithium and Mystery Boxes so it does not matter to me) but we do deserve an answer why the anniversary event stopped with no prior notice.

Sincerely,
@Captain_K.C.
Lifetime subscriber and Gold member
since Open Beta
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-06-2012, 02:23 AM
I'm really disappointed with Cryptic, I think the general consensus is that this ended prematurely and they need to extend the event.

Being that it's F2P, it's not encouraging for those who haven't subscribed to STO yet.

As for us Lifetimers and Gold Members, Cryptic, you need to do better than that, we support the game, so take care of it's paying members.
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-06-2012, 02:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_K.C. View Post
The time now is 2:14 AM PST on Feb. 6th and the event has apparently terminated in both First City and ESD. Either someone has dropped the ball or the event started early, and they arbitrarily decided to end it early.
The event was started several minutes late on the first day. Forgivable in itself, but more a suggestion of manual interaction and nothing truly programmed to start (or end) on schedule. I am just guessing, here.

As a throwaway note, I am one of the ones who foolishly trusted that I would have time before the advertised end of this event in order to attain my prizes, because, silly me, I wished to save the theatrics of the mission for posterity in a Fraps recording from what I had seen it do. Something I wished to tackle after the maintenance patch. So in my case, my officer loses out. To say nothing of Pacific to Eastern US players who are asleep right now and will wake up without the opportunity they themselves thought they would have.
Lt. Commander
# 29 not happy here
02-06-2012, 02:28 AM
i even had plan to run my toons at midnight PST ran 4 toons on friday and then again last night and final set tonight and right as i got in started my mission did the look over film short it did and the server went down OMG... get back on and its gone......

totaly messed up

From around 10:00am PST on Thursday, February 2, 2012 through around 10:00am PST on Monday, February 6, 2012.
Lt. Commander
# 30 Ending Early
02-06-2012, 02:31 AM
This needs to be addressed as soon as possible. Not everyone is able to log on at the weekend. I received an email telling me of the anniversary. I knew I was working the weekend so I planned to log on on Monday morning GMT which would give me plenty of time. I then find that it has gone down early.

If this was unintentional then an extention needs to be put in asap. If it was intentional then I would like Cryptic to consider the ramifications of false/misleading advertisement. After all the only way to get the ship now will be to buy it in a months time or so.
Closed Thread