Lt. Commander
Its seem now anytime you go on a ground station (ESD,DS9,K7,Memory Alpha) you have a multitude (and I mean a lot) of kiddies running around doing nothing but using bubble-guns, tribble shooters,fire extinguishers, flame throwers and other highly annoying items that you have to turn off your sound just to get anything done because of the distraction,

Now that the floodgates are open with F2P I guess we have to put up with this kind of annoyance. I was thinking about resubscribing but definitely not now, get rid of these annoyances and I will pay for STO again.

Cheers
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-04-2012, 05:56 PM
This happened last year, too. It'll die down when people get bored.

It does tend to pick up again when people are waiting for events to start, peaking at ridiculous in that 5 minute delay that always seems to come between the top of the hour and the event NPCs spawning in and then pretty much stopping when the event is open and people go about getting their rewards. But for the most part, it dies a few days after the anniversary event.

I will say that some of the effects on the 2nd anniversary poppers are obnoxiously loud compared to the 1st anniversary ones. The flamethrower in particular.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-04-2012, 06:04 PM
A lil confused....the people are using them as intended and it annoys you and you feel the need to lets the masses know in hopes of what???

they will remove them from game??
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-04-2012, 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by garravesh View Post
A lil confused....the people are using them as intended and it annoys you and you feel the need to lets the masses know in hopes of what???

they will remove them from game??
Ignore list..have fun there..Bait Not Taken!!
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-04-2012, 06:29 PM
Ignore garravesh all you want, his question is valid. The developers aren't going to do anything about it (aside from maybe tuning the volume), so just let the other players have their fun and go about your business. I understand your frustration, as they can get annoying, but Hevach is right, it'll die down by next week.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-04-2012, 06:35 PM
I am a troll huh...

guess he was venting his rage in his topic...

We all should have agreed and signed a petition to remove all celebratory items from game because this specific tool annoys him.

I have several children i learn to block out anything that annoys me.....
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-04-2012, 06:47 PM
You don't like people having fun? That's your problem.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-04-2012, 07:32 PM
hey it is a party favor you have to expect people to be anoying with it
that is what they are for
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-04-2012, 08:54 PM
Is this the same party poper from year one celebration? If it is, it is the once a year opportunity to earn a hard to find item. Especially for newly created characters. Why be a spoil sport?
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-04-2012, 08:56 PM
Its not as a result of F2P. This happened during the 1yr also. Just new toys until the FE goes live