Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > The Academy
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
I went into my account dashboard and added my Credit Debit Card and the system charged me the usual $1.00 for authentication for my credit card, then I selected my 3 month subscription, but it hasn't charged me yet. It does say the following in my subscription information:

Recurring 3-Month ACTIVE
Next Billing Date: Feb 4 2012
Credit Card Last Four Digits: (Of course I deleted the card digits for security reasons)
Subscribed For: 0.01 days

I am guessing they will be charging me shortly, but how long exactly is 0.01 days? I gather the " 0. " means, less than a full day, then the " 0.0 " possibly meaning hours, so would " 0.01 " mean in 1 hour?

If anyone knows that would be very helpful information for me, but possibly if it does mean 1 hour, then most likely, by the time I get a reply to my post I may already have been charged, but there was another question I needed to ask.

I got told that when you make a subscription, that I would get 400 CP's so would that be 400 CP's per 1 month, meaning that I might get 1200 CP's 400 x 3?

As you can see, I am a bit confused with all of this and any information given would be enormously beneficial for me, and the quicker I can get it, the better I can be ready for it.

Thanks everyone
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
02-04-2012, 08:57 PM
.01 days means literally one-hundredth of a day. You can plug that into a calculator.

Yes, as long as you subscribe you get 400 CP a month for free, so you'd get 400 each month for 1200 total.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
02-04-2012, 09:02 PM
1/100th most billing systems divide the day into decimal form, as do most payrolls. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decimal...c_decimal_time
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
02-04-2012, 09:08 PM
1 day = 24*60*60 seconds = 86400 seconds
0.01 days = 86400/100 = 864 seconds, or 14.4 minutes or 14min 24sec.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
02-05-2012, 12:02 AM
Well I paid my 3 months and I have been charged, but I haven't received any CP's for it. Maybe I have to log out and in again to double check it. Also, I think i know what the 0.01 was, it is the amount of time I have used during my subscription, so instead of the system just counting it in days or months, like WoW, it counts upwards to 3 months. I like that. Thanks
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
02-05-2012, 01:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alicat22000
Well I paid my 3 months and I have been charged, but I haven't received any CP's for it. Maybe I have to log out and in again to double check it. Also, I think i know what the 0.01 was, it is the amount of time I have used during my subscription, so instead of the system just counting it in days or months, like WoW, it counts upwards to 3 months. I like that. Thanks
You will not get any CP till about march 4th as you get the CP every month anniversary of the account.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
02-05-2012, 02:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargate_wars View Post
You will not get any CP till about march 4th as you get the CP every month anniversary of the account.
Incorrect. You receive your stipend the day after your billing date. Alicat's billing date (as he says) is Feb4th, so he should have his Feb stipend on the 5th, at some point. Then again on March 5th, and again on April 5th.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
02-05-2012, 02:29 AM
stargate_wars is correct, you will not get 400 points for just signing up. You get it every 30 days from your subscription date.

Ergo you will on March 4th, April 4th, May 4th (or around that time).
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
02-06-2012, 12:15 AM
I got my 1st set of 400, and as you guys said, support told me I will get the rest on the 5th of each month, so i will get the 400 for every month, but not until that month is started. Thanks heaps guys for helping me clear all that up, oh and so you all know, am a Female, not a he, lol

AviKerensky said in an area of his post (as He says), so I just wanted to clear that little thing up, that kind of thing is always the reason why I always make my user name alison22000, but dunno what happened with this account, somehow I ended up with alicat22000, alicat is my nickname I got given by a couple of friends, for a day when I needed to defend my shopping, my nails are sharp, strange to some people I guess, But I do kinda like that nickname. ROFL

Again, Thank you everyone for all your help on this.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
02-06-2012, 03:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alicat22000
I got my 1st set of 400, and as you guys said, support told me I will get the rest on the 5th of each month, so i will get the 400 for every month, but not until that month is started. Thanks heaps guys for helping me clear all that up, oh and so you all know, am a Female, not a he, lol

AviKerensky said in an area of his post (as He says), so I just wanted to clear that little thing up, that kind of thing is always the reason why I always make my user name alison22000, but dunno what happened with this account, somehow I ended up with alicat22000, alicat is my nickname I got given by a couple of friends, for a day when I needed to defend my shopping, my nails are sharp, strange to some people I guess, But I do kinda like that nickname. ROFL

Again, Thank you everyone for all your help on this.
That's why most of us are here. To help people who need it. If you need anything else, drop me a PM.

One other thing to remember, despite what anyone may tell you: We were all noobs at one point.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:03 AM.