Lt. Commander
Hi, guys. I was wondering if the tricobalt launchers and mine launchers are effected by the tactical bridge officer skills? If so, what skills? I can't see my ship spread firing tricobalt torpepdoes, though that would be awesome.
Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-06-2012, 08:26 AM
Spread and high yield work on tricobalts, but not in quite the same way as other torpedoes. High yield fires a larger, slower torpedo that does more damage and opens a short lived spacial rift that can disable ships caught in it. Spread makes it fire several weaker torepdoes.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-06-2012, 08:29 AM
Cool.
Do the mine launching skills have any effect?
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-06-2012, 08:33 AM
No, but there are tricobalt mines as well as the torpedoes. I don't use mines much, so I don't know how the skills apply to them, though.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-06-2012, 08:45 AM
I doubt the tricobalt torpedos on spread fire have the 1km blast radius? That would be amazing.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-14-2012, 08:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rekasa View Post
I doubt the tricobalt torpedos on spread fire have the 1km blast radius? That would be amazing.
They do, but they fire less torpedoes per spread than other types, so it balances out. Still makes tricobalt the strongest spread, but not by much. It's balanced for the refire rate.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-14-2012, 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rekasa View Post
Hi, guys. I was wondering if the tricobalt launchers and mine launchers are effected by the tactical bridge officer skills? If so, what skills? I can't see my ship spread firing tricobalt torpepdoes, though that would be awesome.
Thanks.
Yes, High Yield and Torpedo Spread effects the effects and damge of torpedos. Dispersal patterns effects the mines, ApX will increase what ever it increases. For example ApO1,2 & 3 will increase the ALL damage of attacks.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-14-2012, 09:02 AM
I was just doing some experiments with TC Mines the other day., and it seemed Dispersal Pattern had no effect on the TC mine. Only one Mine was launched, and it seemed to do about the same amount of damage.

I admit, it was a fairly limited test, using only Dispersal Pattern Beta I. I had planned to do some further tests with Alpha and Beta Dispersal Patterns 1 and 2 this weekend, but that didn't happen.