Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
I was looking all around for a vendor that sells Vs Borg weaponry and endgame equipment for the Klingons, however I couldn't find any...

I know the Federation has the vendor in Battle Group Omega, but when I went there as my Klingon all I could do was look at my mail and exchange.

I'm looking to buy all vs. Borg disruptors with my stockpiled dilithium and the only place I can find them is at DS9 for encrypted data chips, which I am trying to save for the Honor Guard Rifle...

Is there anywhere I can buy these weapons for EC or Dilithium?

Thanks,
Quiiliitiila
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
02-06-2012, 10:58 AM
Not sure if it is VS. Borg but you can try the vendors on Qo'Nos near to the arena and costume vendor.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
02-06-2012, 11:06 AM
No, you can't buy them. You need to do STF's for them and exchange the borg salvage/etc. at the place in DS9 whether you're Starflleet or Klingon.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
02-06-2012, 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by erocker View Post
No, you can't buy them. You need to do STF's for them and exchange the borg salvage/etc. at the place in DS9 whether you're Starflleet or Klingon.
So let me get this straight... On the Federation side, I can buy these weapons for dilithium at Battle Group Omega, but as a Klingon I can't buy any of the weapons conveniently?!

Quiiliitiila
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
02-06-2012, 12:19 PM
Federation cannot buy them for dilithium, only for STF salvage, same as Klingons. Federation also can't buy them at Battlegroup Omega, it's the same set of vendors on DS9 in the Omega Force office.

DS9 is wide open to Klingons, and not terribly far to travel (granted it is farther than Fed with two extra loading screens). Cross Eta Eridani into Deferi space, take a left and cross into Beta Ursae (don't need marauder status, that's only for Sirius), then head to DS9. The docking operator will be rude to you, but you'll still be allowed to dock.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
02-06-2012, 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevach View Post
Federation cannot buy them for dilithium, only for STF salvage, same as Klingons. Federation also can't buy them at Battlegroup Omega, it's the same set of vendors on DS9 in the Omega Force office.

DS9 is wide open to Klingons, and not terribly far to travel (granted it is farther than Fed with two extra loading screens). Cross Eta Eridani into Deferi space, take a left and cross into Beta Ursae (don't need marauder status, that's only for Sirius), then head to DS9. The docking operator will be rude to you, but you'll still be allowed to dock.
Unless there has been an update recently I just bought some of these weapons with my Federation character a week or two ago. In Battle Group Omega there is an officer who used to sell this weaponry for Marks/Emblems (don't remember which) who now sells the same weaponry for dilithium. HERE (the wiki needs an update, still says mark/emblems for price).

From this officer I bought an [Dual Antiproton Beam Bank Mk X [Acc] [CrtH] [Borg]] for around 7,000 dilithium. Now what I'm asking is there ANY officer anywhere in the whole of the klingon empire that sells or used to sell this equipment for the Klingon players?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
02-06-2012, 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiiliitiila
Unless there has been an update recently I just bought some of these weapons with my Federation character a week or two ago. In Battle Group Omega there is an officer who used to sell this weaponry for Marks/Emblems (don't remember which) who now sells the same weaponry for dilithium. HERE (the wiki needs an update, still says mark/emblems for price).

From this officer I bought an [Dual Antiproton Beam Bank Mk X [Acc] [CrtH] [Borg]] for around 7,000 dilithium. Now what I'm asking is there ANY officer anywhere in the whole of the klingon empire that sells or used to sell this equipment for the Klingon players?
But if you can buy better Mk XI, XII weapons, the Borg Mk X doesn'tmake that much sense (even for the Borg bonus) does it?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
02-06-2012, 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whamhammer View Post
But if you can buy better Mk XI, XII weapons, the Borg Mk X doesn'tmake that much sense (even for the Borg bonus) does it?
Why wouldn't that make sense? He may have just hit 44 with a new character and wanted to get a leg up on farming the STF's. Granted you don't NEED the mk x borg weapons before farming for the better. But it doesn't hurt if that's what he wants to do with his dilithium.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
02-06-2012, 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whamhammer View Post
But if you can buy better Mk XI, XII weapons, the Borg Mk X doesn'tmake that much sense (even for the Borg bonus) does it?
Well, that makes sense.

However I mainly fight the Borg and I love the STFs (both ground and space). I find that since I did not make my build around DPS, my damage is sorely lacking when I fight against Borg ships. So, as I like my build the way it is; I wanted to get the Vs. Borg weaponry to give my otherwise mediocre beam/mine salvo the chance to do some extra UMPH.

So, back to my original question. Is there anywhere I can buy these weapons as my Klingon for Dilithium like the Federation characters or do I need to grind even more for EDC to spend on the weaponry? What is the price up to now? 10 a piece?

It's rather annoying I can't buy these with MY fed character and mail them to MY Gorn...

So, what happened to the KDF's Omega vendor? Or did they never have one?

-Quiiliitiila
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
02-06-2012, 06:47 PM
Ok, I'm at BG Omega right now on my Fed. The USS Tomlinson, which used to have the vendor you linked, can't be hailed. There is an equipment vendor, but it's standard mk X purple equipment, the old mark of exploration vendor on the USS Montgomery Scott, not [Borg].


Though it could be a case of Feds getting something KDF doesn't, I notice this is the one store in the game with antiproton space weapons for dilithium. They dumped antiproton from the other vendors and the new minimap store for some reason.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:27 PM.