Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
Hi Captains!

I am organizing an in-game (Holodeck) STF event for this coming Wednesday. It also corresponds to the in-game event that is on the in-game calendar -- successful completion of Khitomer Accord during this time will earn you more Encrypted Data Chips and Dilithium.

The first timeslot will be at 8pm GMT/ noon PST/ 3pm EST.

The second timeslot will be at 5pm PST/ 8pm EST/ 1am GMT.

Let's plan to meet on Deep Space Nine, on the second floor of the Promenade. From there, we'll queue up for private games. Feel free to come in whichever ship/ class you would like, on either faction (minimum level requirement is 50). We will do a ground run, and then a space run if time permits (I think it will). Please join the REDALERT channel to see any communication/ instructions from myself.

Due to the STFs having some strategic elements to it, I suggest taking a look at some of these resources (we will be running on Normal and Elite):

http://www.stowiki.org/Mission:_Khit...rd/Walkthrough
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=246186
Elite version guide: http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=250898

Also, I am looking for players who feel that they could lead a group of 4 other players through the mission. If you are willing and able, please make a post below letting me know you would like to lead a group (including normal or elite) and what timeslot you are available for.

If you can't make it Wednesday, I would like to try and do these often, and on different days/ times. Feel free to post constructive feedback in here with ideas, including if you would like to see this expanded to other types of events (PvP, Fleet Actions etc.).

Hope to see many of you Wednesday!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-06-2012, 12:11 PM
I can run STFs, brandon u do know theres an STF channel btw, EliteSTF no spaces, I am capable of leading elite KA if u want too. Also Brandon make sure everyone whos running elite has regnerators/components, and normal needs hypos (also for elite) just a friendly reminder. I think i can make it for both runs too.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-06-2012, 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenMirror
I can run STFs, brandon u do know theres an STF channel btw, EliteSTF no spaces, I am capable of leading elite KA if u want too. Also Brandon make sure everyone whos running elite has regnerators/components, and normal needs hypos (also for elite) just a friendly reminder. I think i can make it for both runs too.
Dude, anybody can lead Elite KA Ground. Its so simple and easy.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-06-2012, 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atatassault View Post
Dude, anybody can lead Elite KA Ground. Its so simple and easy.
Oh yea i know. I was just saying to say it if i wanted to brag id say i can 3 person terradome :p Also not ANYONE... i had a few really bad leaders, who basicly say nothing and let the team fail...
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-06-2012, 01:57 PM
I can run ground no probs =D
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-06-2012, 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenMirror
Oh yea i know. I was just saying to say it if i wanted to brag id say i can 3 person terradome :p Also not ANYONE... i had a few really bad leaders, who basicly say nothing and let the team fail...
whats worse is when you try to lead cuz no one else is, and no one listens...and you fail...and then right before they quit on you they blame you for failing as a leader in the team....i was like /facepalm...

but i can lead KA elite/normal space/ground easily. i should be up for both time slots unless i get called into work
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-06-2012, 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWE_BranFlakes
Hi Captains!

The first timeslot will be at 8pm GMT/ noon PST/ 3pm EST.

The second timeslot will be at 5pm PST/ 8pm EST/ 1am GMT.
Again when second shifters can't make it. Why not a time at like 2:00 am?
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-06-2012, 05:22 PM
I could lead these but from looking at pros and cons of it I'm not really motivated to do so. On another note though anyone who tries to breed I am better than you or you cannot do this without me is the types of attitudes I come across daily in this game that make me not want to get involved. It's no doubt though people who have ran with me that I am pretty decent at running/leading these. Give me a valid reason to help and I might be willing.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-06-2012, 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeuxidemus
I could lead these but from looking at pros and cons of it I'm not really motivated to do so. On another note though anyone who tries to breed I am better than you or you cannot do this without me is the types of attitudes I come across daily in this game that make me not want to get involved. It's no doubt though people who have ran with me that I am pretty decent at running/leading these. Give me a valid reason to help and I might be willing.
Yeah, motivation is a good point. Knowing my luck, a first timer will get Proto Armor Tech, and I'll get another junk blue item.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-06-2012, 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atatassault View Post
Yeah, motivation is a good point. Knowing my luck, a first timer will get Proto Armor Tech, and I'll get another junk blue item.
I've gotten 2 prototype salvages and one Mk XII armor on my engineer after literally thousands of runs. The STF system in its current format is just a disaster putting players who normally would have no problem with each other in a heated arguement which usually ends up with someone getting ignored or some kind of punishment. Either it be language barriers, refusing to listen, just new to the game, or just not wanting to be a team player all of these things end up making most stf's end in disaster unless none of the mentioned elements exist and is why I'm not very motivated in leading or sometimes even running them anymore its gotten to be where its no fun to do them.

On side note though for new players I know they see the costumes and are like ok I'm just going to skip normal mode in their shoes I'd probally be saying the same thing but reality is that just breaks the machine and we can't have that. I did mention about tutorials players had to do to progress but I doubt I'll ever see that happens... Luck of the draw seems to be the new F2P theme.

Whoever does lead these I feel very very bad for them because its going to be like daddy daycare.
Closed Thread