Lt. Commander
# 1 Friday Screenshot
08-21-2009, 08:45 PM
Check out this latest Star Trek Online screenshot.
http://media3.startrekonline.com.s3....09_01_wmsm.jpg

Link to the news article.
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-21-2009, 08:46 PM
Can you fight the borg Queen?
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-21-2009, 08:52 PM
Thats an awesome screenshot, thanks for posting that.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-21-2009, 08:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekhan
Check out this latest Star Trek Online screenshot.
http://media3.startrekonline.com.s3....09_01_wmsm.jpg

Link to the news article.
who ever is flying that ship is going to get destroyed pretty fast
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-21-2009, 09:18 PM
To be honest, I don't like this.

There are quite a few things wrong with this, if we assume its a borg complex. The cubes are too small, based on the scale of the ship there. The supports are extraneous, and really unnecessary with a borg complex, and same for the giant 100m wide pipes. They make no sense, unless the construction of borg cubes and complexes has changed in the last 30 years of the game. And finally, every cube seems to have a different "decoration" on it, like some artist decided to differentiate them. They are borg. They are not individual or unique!

This is, frankly, a bad picture on those aspects alone. Add in the mysterious diffuse lighting, the lack of contrast, details, bump mapping, and its not so hot on an aesthetic front.

Which is not to say, I don't appreciate you doing this Rekhan, but it just wasn't the best to show off! I do appreciate this.
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-21-2009, 09:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroth View Post
To be honest, I don't like this.

There are quite a few things wrong with this, if we assume its a borg complex. The cubes are too small, based on the scale of the ship there. The supports are extraneous, and really unnecessary with a borg complex, and same for the giant 100m wide pipes. They make no sense, unless the construction of borg cubes and complexes has changed in the last 30 years of the game. And finally, every cube seems to have a different "decoration" on it, like some artist decided to differentiate them. They are borg. They are not individual or unique!

This is, frankly, a bad picture on those aspects alone. Add in the mysterious diffuse lighting, the lack of contrast, details, bump mapping, and its not so hot on an aesthetic front.

Which is not to say, I don't appreciate it Rekhan, but it just wasn't the best to show off!
that is assuming it is a borg complex, and if it were i don't see any cubes, just a bunch of random structures all connected together with borgish green coloring. and the details could be anything, or could have any number of reasons for the pipes.

It's a picture of an akira flying through something weird, something very star trek.

Be happy.
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-21-2009, 09:44 PM
Hey I normally am happy. If this supposed to be borg, I'm not happy. If its some weird new race, I'm perfectly jubilant!
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-21-2009, 09:48 PM
Posted late much. On the East Coast when posted it's practically Saturday. Otherwise, it's cool. Thanks for the eye candy.
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-21-2009, 09:51 PM
I like it. I'm thinking it's not Borg, just an alien outpost or array. Nice screenie
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-21-2009, 10:29 PM
I like the ship's detail. It looks touched up.
Closed Thread