Lt. Commander
# 61
08-28-2009, 09:36 AM
Tamgros: Can we look forward to another excellent breakdown of the Show?

My girls were sick the weekend of the Vegas con, and even though I live here I missed it
But your report gave us addicts the fix we needed (in great detail).
Thanks again for that and looking forward to the PAX play-by-play.
Lt. Commander
# 62
08-28-2009, 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cipher_nemo View Post
I'm a Cryptic and STO fan, but this is really annoying me. I understand Cryptic is trying to go to shows and do some demos to introduce and show off STO where they can. But there are two blatant problems with doing this:
  1. Notice (confirmation) came too late.

Please, this is way too late to get most East Coast community members who are interested in STO to attend. This was hinted/mentioned at earlier but just confirmed by Cryptic yesterday? When the conference is one week away? Come on, we need more time than that to plan with our schedules. What's worse is that it doesn't give us enough time to purchase the passes we want:
  2. PAX is a console-focused event

There will be a ton of rug rats there with families. The STO community here is comprised mostly of adults (even though some younger kids around once in a while). But due to the community make-up, PAX is not a good selection. The Vega one was a much better setting, but not reasonably accessible for us East Coast people. So for adults within the STO community, many would go for just Cryptic's STO, and then what? Walk around and look at the kiddie games on consoles? I know, many console games are intended for adults as well (consoles have come a long way), but STO is going to be released on the PC.

They will have some PC things there, but that's traditionally not the focus of PAX. Just look at their previous one to see what I mean.

Notice the younger crowd, Nintendo DS, etc... http://www.paxsite.com/img/faqs_photo.png
Your completly right,

A Week is not enough, and telling us when all the tickets are on near sold out is a low blow.

I thought the exact thing when i went on to see what it was about.

Its like some of there team are not trying to help us at all.

This is definatly something they have to sort out. as well as having something in the UK for people pver here. Theres enough of us.
Lt. Commander
# 63
08-28-2009, 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral-Darren-Wright View Post

This is definatly something they have to sort out. as well as having something in the UK for people pver here. Theres enough of us.
I agree. I certainly don't feel any love from Cryptic for the demos.

And I see so many community members here from the UK. I'm in the US, but from the number of STO fans based in the UK, they would do well to offer a gameplay demo over there, even if for one day with a fly-in and fly-out.
Lt. Commander
# 64
08-28-2009, 10:04 AM
Lucky for you guys who live in america, especialy seattle. Hope to get some nice intel on the game from fellow fans, enjoy.
Lt. Commander
# 65
08-28-2009, 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekhan
Will you be at ]this year's PAX

YES I WILL
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got my passes last week, 3 hours drive, though several major cities.

Ill be leaving at 6am, and getting home at midnight or later, OR

until my fingers wont push keys any more
Lt. Commander
# 66
08-28-2009, 10:37 AM
I envy anyone who is going to get to try out the game. Try to take videos if they let you so we can see some more space combat
Lt. Commander
# 67
08-28-2009, 11:17 AM
I agree. I really hate the fact I cannot go.
Lt. Commander
# 68
08-28-2009, 11:21 AM
I CRY FOUL SIR!

Tamgros already saw the game. Do something in southern California!
Lt. Commander
# 69
08-28-2009, 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral-Darren-Wright View Post
Your completly right,

A Week is not enough, and telling us when all the tickets are on near sold out is a low blow.

I thought the exact thing when i went on to see what it was about.

The problem is there's no star trek or game conventions due in the UK, hasn't been a Star trek one for a while. Do you execpt them to come over and set up an event just for STO? That's a big ask.
Lt. Commander
# 70
08-28-2009, 11:26 AM
A big ask, but they should do it!