Lt. Commander
# 71
08-28-2009, 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galv View Post
The problem is there's no star trek or game conventions due in the UK, hasn't been a Star trek one for a while. Do you execpt them to come over and set up an event just for STO? That's a big ask.
I live in the UK too and I think that it is an embarrasment, a nation with a heck of a lot of Trekkies/ers doesn't have a Trek event.
Petition: http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...511#post728511
Lt. Commander
# 72
08-28-2009, 12:35 PM
Grats to everyone that is goin to this event, I look foward to the information passed down from Tamgros and others.
Lt. Commander
# 73
08-28-2009, 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinneas View Post
I would...but I'm still waiting on a promised plane ticket from Cryptic/Reverb to go see it.
I'm sorry to hear that Kinneas. Although I myself am disappointed that I won't be able to work out a plane ticket to Seattle, the next best thing I could think of is for some of the Hailing Frequency folks to be there. I know for a fact that you would be considering the best interest of STO fans while at PAX, and I too wish you could be there if only just to return with an unbiased and in depth report for the community.

Please don't listen to these other naysayers, I don't see anything wrong with making this public. I would also like to remind everyone that Hailing Frequency needs our support. I'm a little strapped for cash, but I would definitely make a small donation if I knew it could go towards bringing HF to PAX.

Anyway, here's to hoping Cryptic extends another hand to you guys.
Lt. Commander
# 74
08-28-2009, 12:46 PM
Can't wait to get my hands on the game.

And to all those saying this is on short notice, it is ALWAYS short notice. I used to work for EA as a tester and they need to bust ass to get these things done in time, they normally don't know a demo will be at an event until a few days leading up to it.

Seriously, its not a slight against any of you, they got the playable demo done, so they want to show it off at one of the biggest video game conventions in the world. 50,000 tickets sold, thats the kind of event you want to show it at. And all of you are already going to get it, they need to hook in the people not already fans.

PAX is a full video game con, that PC and Console. It just comes off more console based because thats the focus of the industry, I mean other than Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2 and the random other MMOs being made, name a pc exclusive title that anyone cares about
Lt. Commander
# 75
08-28-2009, 02:16 PM
I wish I could go but my friend is getting married that weekend and would be annoyed if I didn't go for STO. Too bad I only live in vancouver and seattle doesn't take to long to get to.
Lt. Commander
# 76
08-28-2009, 03:08 PM
Can't you cryptic people invest a little in a convention on the east coast or something? Preferably in the northeast (high population density there, benefits us and you!). Really, I would have been at all of the conventions so far if I lived anywhere near them, but unfortunately distance makes it impossible for me to make it. I hope somebody who gets a sneak-peak play test comes and tells us what it was like, though.
Lt. Commander
# 77
08-28-2009, 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cipher_nemo View Post
I'm a Cryptic and STO fan, but this is really annoying me. I understand Cryptic is trying to go to shows and do some demos to introduce and show off STO where they can. But there are two blatant problems with doing this:
  1. Notice (confirmation) came too late.

Please, this is way too late to get most East Coast community members who are interested in STO to attend. This was hinted/mentioned at earlier but just confirmed by Cryptic yesterday? When the conference is one week away? Come on, we need more time than that to plan with our schedules. What's worse is that it doesn't give us enough time to purchase the passes we want:
  2. PAX is a console-focused event

There will be a ton of rug rats there with families. The STO community here is comprised mostly of adults (even though some younger kids around once in a while). But due to the community make-up, PAX is not a good selection. The Vega one was a much better setting, but not reasonably accessible for us East Coast people. So for adults within the STO community, many would go for just Cryptic's STO, and then what? Walk around and look at the kiddie games on consoles? I know, many console games are intended for adults as well (consoles have come a long way), but STO is going to be released on the PC.

They will have some PC things there, but that's traditionally not the focus of PAX. Just look at their previous one to see what I mean.

Notice the younger crowd, Nintendo DS, etc... http://www.paxsite.com/img/faqs_photo.png
I think you are taking this too seriously. I'm going to appeal to my previous post for the level of seriousness you should be around:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamgros View Post
I'm sorry, what's going on? Are people talking? Sorry, it's hard to pay attention when I'm petting my badge:
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...090827-005.jpg

:p
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...090827-003.jpg
Haha, but to actually address your concern, PAX is an everything gaming expo; tabletop, board, PC, console etc.. Look at the stage list... PAX is getting to be one of the biggest gaming expos in the world. I've heard rumblings that it will be bigger than E3 soon.

As for the time frame. I don't really have anything to say here. I found out 5 minutes before the meet and greet in LV that I would get to see the demo (haha, needless to say, that was an exciting moment), and I already bought my PAX ticket a month ago. So for me this is working out in quite an exciting and awesome way! All I can really say is that I'll try to relay as much info/footage back to you guys that i am allowed.

And we'll all get to play the game eventually

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleri View Post
I'm sorry to hear that Kinneas...

Anyway, here's to hoping Cryptic extends another hand to you guys.
We're actually in the process of working something out with Cryptic/HF/myself. We want to run an interview (maybe with demo) and get it on the web as soon as possible through Hailing Frequency...

I'm sure we'll keep you all informed if this comes to fruition.
Lt. Commander
# 78 Wottodoqottodo....
08-28-2009, 05:24 PM
WHAT!
I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO DO!
I CAN'T GO TO SEATTLE BUT I REALLY WANT TO!!!!!
HOLY TURNIPS QUOTE THIS MESSAGE AND GIVE ME SOME KINDA IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 79
08-28-2009, 06:34 PM
Must Has Video Of It
Lt. Commander
# 80
08-28-2009, 07:48 PM
Quote:
I think you are taking this too seriously. I'm going to appeal to my previous post for the level of seriousness you should be around:
I choose my own level of seriousness, thank you. :p Levity is for when we get to play Tribbles as a faction.

Quote:
Haha, but to actually address your concern, PAX is an everything gaming expo; tabletop, board, PC, console etc.. Look at the stage list... PAX is getting to be one of the biggest gaming expos in the world. I've heard rumblings that it will be bigger than E3 soon.
Yes, "fun for the whole family". No thank you. I'll skip the masses of rude tweens and little tykes that smell of pee.