Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
It appears that if a SF player invites a KDF player to their bridge, or vice versa, the transporter room operator views them as hostile. This leads you to having to defend yourself by killing said officer. However, the real bug in this is that the officer doesn't respawn, even if you leave your bridge and come back later. This leaves you with no way to switch to a small craft other than returning to a ship yard.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-06-2012, 03:56 PM
I can confirm this.

I am now without a shuttle selection officer in my transporter room on one of my characters as a result.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-06-2012, 04:03 PM
If the bug was not so annoying, it would actually be a very funny Story LOL. Being able to transport to a cross faction ship is a bit of an oversight. Imagine the surprise as you guest gets attached by the transporter officer?! Does changing ships or selecting a new interior not respawn the missing officer?
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-07-2012, 01:57 PM
It appears the officers do eventually respawn after all. Went back onto the bridge after around an hour and the guy was back where he was supposed to be. So it's not nearly as urgent a bug as originally anticipated.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-12-2012, 11:42 AM
I had a KDF player invite me to their bridge yesterday because we had just found out you could do it. He was giving me the grand tour of his ship, and then I went into the transporter room. After almost getting killed from not know WTF was going on and from laughing so hard, I did kill his Ops chief. Then just to see if the same happens on my ship we tried it again. So much for diplomacy!! LOL

It gave us both a good laugh and it was fun to check out the other side. I know someone said they think being able to do that is an oversight, but as long as those officers do respawn I think they should keep it like that.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-12-2012, 12:07 PM
Yeah cross faction bridge invites aren't an oversight. They actually intentionally improved it because originally you could kill each other but then they made it as it is now so I think the only oversight is the transporter room operator problem since that has been added in more recently and obviously they forgot to make it faction neutral.

It is fun though killing them when you know they will come back eventually haha.