Lt. Commander
# 31
02-07-2012, 02:58 AM
To explore strange new worlds and civilisations and to boldly go where man has gone before. The federation have never been about waging war, and that is why there are no carriers. Klingons on the other hand are a belligerent species so they have no science ships instead.
Lt. Commander
# 32
02-07-2012, 04:28 AM
Wow, a fed carrier thread.
WHy didn't somebody ask this before?
Lt. Commander
# 33
02-07-2012, 05:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
inorite?

Thank goodness this finally came up.
Lt. Commander
# 34
02-07-2012, 05:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
It makes more sense to ask about it now that we know the Fed are getting one.
Lt. Commander
# 35
02-07-2012, 06:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorosh15
Ok, I do not know much about star trek history, so there might be some star trek logic answer, but it just seems odd that the feds don't have a carrier. Our Flagship is the Enterprise, I ship that got its name from the legendary CV 5 Enterprise aka the Big E or Lucky E. Yes there were other enterprise ships and the World war 2 enterprise was the first to be an aircraft carrier but everyone thinks ethier ww2 CV5 or star trek when they here enterprise.

Now, just so we are clear I am not asking that the Enterprise G that we hopefully won't see for a while should be a carrier, but why can't we have a Hornet or a Yorktown? For gods sake we even have the fighters for the carriers allready ingame, the little 2 seater P(won't even try to spell it) Fighters. Maybe have they launch a small fleet of those fighters.
please for the love of all that is holy....no more carrier posts i beg you all!!
Lt. Commander
# 36
02-07-2012, 06:24 AM
Yeah lets give Feds carriers. And Federation Birds-of-Prey, and Orion women, access to the So'Vo'Kor and House Always Wins storylines. Oh and lets not forget battle cloaks for every ship!

God forbid either faction have anything to themselves. We can't go having variety, asymmetrical balance, and uniqueness - it all makes the game too interesting. My suggestion is if you want to play with a carrier, play Klingon. The Vo'Quv is there, open and free to everyone who plays the game.
Lt. Commander
# 37
02-07-2012, 06:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grafico
God forbid either faction have anything to themselves. We can't go having variety, asymmetrical balance, and uniqueness - it all makes the game too interesting.
Anyone remember when Klingon players wanted Fed-type science ships? And behold, Gorn science ships eventually arrived for the KDF Faction. God forbid either faction have anything to themselves... The variety boat sailed a while back.
Lt. Commander
# 38
02-07-2012, 06:33 AM
Gorn Science Ships turn like cruisers. Where as feds have the intriped and whatnot which turns a hell of a lot better.
Lt. Commander
# 39
02-07-2012, 06:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DecadeComplete
Gorn Science Ships turn like cruisers. Where as feds have the intriped and whatnot which turns a hell of a lot better.
I do not think we should be discussing turn rate differences between the two Factions' ships.
Lt. Commander
# 40
02-07-2012, 06:38 AM
I'd love to see a fed carrier, but only if Cryptic can get the rights to the Arch Royal class. In witch case they can give the feds a line of C-Store bought carriers/fdc's.

CRYPTIC CAN MAKE MO MONEY!!! YAY!!!!