Lt. Commander
If th upcoming series goes into rerun in late march, when does the next series start? If i remember correctly there should be no or only a short brake from one series to the next. Or are we getting new excuses why this isn`t going to happen?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-07-2012, 09:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElCapitan1701 View Post
If th upcoming series goes into rerun in late march, when does the next series start? If i remember correctly there should be no or only a short brake from one series to the next. Or are we getting new excuses why this isn`t going to happen?
can you provide a quote/link to the "short break"?
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-07-2012, 09:32 AM
I seem to recall that the EEPH mentioned that there were only going to be two this year, and the two-a-year cycle would continue unless there was a massive infusion of manpower. Remember that Cryptic only just got out of a hiring freeze, and have been working on STO for the past several months (at least) with a total of 20-25 people. Hiring - as it does with anything more complicated than register monkey at McDonalds - will take time.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-07-2012, 10:17 AM
It has been said by DStahl, i think, they their goal is to provide series without great breaks between it. If we now get 10 episodes in an 52 week - year, thats not enough. Maybe they should shift some more manpower from making the next quick-and-dirty-mmo to those old ones with still much potential in it.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-07-2012, 10:18 AM
that was said ages and ages ago back when they first started it and was said to be what they wanted to have rather than a this is what we will have
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-07-2012, 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElCapitan1701 View Post
It has been said by DStahl, i think, they their goal is to provide series without great breaks between it. If we now get 10 episodes in an 52 week - year, thats not enough. Maybe they should shift some more manpower from making the next quick-and-dirty-mmo to those old ones with still much potential in it.
that was said a very long time ago now, and it was both a plan and under the proviso they could get the people they needed. after that atari sold cryptic and dstahl is not even the EP any more. those plans are gone now.

there current plan is 2-3 series, plus some more klingon episodes of an unknown number, plus what ever else they plan to add. they are trying to staff up, so if f2p is very successful, and they get the people they want to get then the numbers could increase.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-07-2012, 10:23 AM
Yeah, they put us off since them. First they had to release an unfinished game to keep the licence, i understand. Then they had to take our money to finish the game, i understand. Then there was Atari going down and they had to stay alive - i understand. Then they had to make STO go f2p in a short time, which was very hard work - i understand. But now. What`s now?!? When are we getting content on a regular basis? 10 (very good) missions in one year? This is a joke and not worth putting energy into this game.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-07-2012, 10:23 AM
It was a solid commitment by dstahl who talked about shifting work plans to do this. Pretty much empty promise now. Not that I ever really believed it.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-07-2012, 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kant_Lavar
I seem to recall that the EEPH mentioned that there were only going to be two this year, and the two-a-year cycle would continue unless there was a massive infusion of manpower. Remember that Cryptic only just got out of a hiring freeze, and have been working on STO for the past several months (at least) with a total of 20-25 people. Hiring - as it does with anything more complicated than register monkey at McDonalds - will take time.
This is not accurate. He said there would be at least two, not that there would only be two.
In addition, the point about reruns in march stems from the latest D'angelo Blog #18. The OP assumes they are running the reruns since there will be a large gap until the next FE. He is partially correct if the schedule is still as Sdangelo outlined:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdangelo
To set expectations on featured episode series, I think it's realistic for the development team to produce two or three series a year. I know we can fit in two series in 2012 and I'm trying to build a schedule to get a third one in, but it's not clear that it'll happen. As it is right now, you can expect the second series of the year to come out a little after the Season 6 launch, probably in July. (Note that once again this is a forward looking statement and not a promise, because pretty much anything could change by then.)
Source: http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...6&postcount=42
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-07-2012, 10:50 AM
just to add something here, he says the series will go into re-runs late march. that is not to say the series itself will be re-run in late match as it will only have finished in mid march.

its only that the series reward goes away a week or two after episode 5 is finished and it falls into the rerun category. they have said they wont rerun the series straight away as that would be pointless. we know series 5 is due around july but none of this actually says what they will release between series 4 and 5

they have at least 1 klingon episode nearly completed that will probably then be used in April at a guess. by that time they may have some other content to unveil, such as pvp maps or another klingon ep or event.