Lt. Commander
# 11
02-07-2012, 11:17 AM
This is bad. We are now f2p...but what`s in for us? Is C-Store still not bringing enough money to get a content-crew? Or is the whole new money directly going into more profif? Or in other games?
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-07-2012, 11:21 AM
Quote:
This is bad. We are now f2p...but what`s in for us? Is C-Store still not bringing enough money to get a content-crew? Or is the whole new money directly going into more profif? Or in other games?
The game has been FTP 3 weeks, not 3 months. You cannot expect that money to have an immediate impact on anything yet.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-07-2012, 11:35 AM
i dont understand why people expected to see a change the moment it went free to play. they still have a lot of staff openings at cryptic and so are probs still recovering. basicly you kinda have to look at the game as year one again
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-07-2012, 02:12 PM
I don`t agree. They must allready know, if there expectations are going to be true or not. Since server seems to be working on full capacity there won`t be more players to come. So, how does it work out? Do they spend that much money? Now is the time to claim more staff for Cryptic and now is the time for us to claim more content. Things won`t get better from this point on.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-07-2012, 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElCapitan1701 View Post
The money's going to China, to PWE, to fund their games. Cryptic is just a tiny subsidiary, a drop in the bucket. STO will likely see very little of the outward profit, certainly not enough to go on a massive hiring binge. They'll keep afloat, they'll finish NWN, but 90% of the cash won't be put back into the game. That's just the way it works. It's the quantity that'll keep it going now that it's F2P, not quality.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-07-2012, 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElCapitan1701 View Post
If th upcoming series goes into rerun in late march, when does the next series start? If i remember correctly there should be no or only a short brake from one series to the next. Or are we getting new excuses why this isn`t going to happen?
Would you please be so kind as to quote the word "promise" in any official statement regarding the FEs?

It appears from your title that you must have at least 2 quotes with the word "promise" in them for Cryptic to break their "promise" "again", right?

I appreciate you backing up your claim with evidence rather than just posting a hyperbolic and possibly false statement.

I look forward to your quotes or web-links to said quotes contining the word "promise" which support your position.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-07-2012, 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynik
This is not accurate. He said there would be at least two, not that there would only be two.
In addition, the point about reruns in march stems from the latest D'angelo Blog #18. The OP assumes they are running the reruns since there will be a large gap until the next FE. He is partially correct if the schedule is still as Sdangelo outlined:

Source: http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...6&postcount=42
Maybe it's just my point of view with Cryptic right now, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdangelo View Post
To set expectations on featured episode series, I think it's realistic for the development team to produce two or three series a year. I know we can fit in two series in 2012 and I'm trying to build a schedule to get a third one in, but it's not clear that it'll happen. As it is right now, you can expect the second series of the year to come out a little after the Season 6 launch, probably in July. (Note that once again this is a forward looking statement and not a promise, because pretty much anything could change by then.)
I take that to mean that, in all probability, that there's going to be two. I may well turn out to be wrong - Cryptic, feel free to prove me wrong! - but at least this way if I am wrong, it'll be a pleasant kind of wrong.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-07-2012, 07:52 PM
Personally I think Cryptic has been listening to Scotty when it comes to giving estimates:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xRqXYsksFg
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-07-2012, 08:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalic89
i dont understand why people expected to see a change the moment it went free to play. they still have a lot of staff openings at cryptic and so are probs still recovering. basicly you kinda have to look at the game as year one again
Possibly because Crypitc have been gearing for this for about ten months during which things were incredibly dry. Now that we're over that "hump" people want something to show for it, and the reward was significant slashes to what we'd been told to expect previous to the changeover. And the phrasing used for those slashed expectations suggests that they aren't changing for a minimum of a couple of years.

This was made worse by the suggested ignorance to the notion that more was even expected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asakara
Personally I think Cryptic has been listening to Scotty when it comes to giving estimates:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xRqXYsksFg
Optimism; the precursor to disappointment.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-07-2012, 09:07 PM
Given all the lies, broken promises, ridiculous excuses, backtracking, 180 degree turns, and just plain lack off anything resembling new content in the past 12 months, It really does amaze me that there is still people out there who ACTUALLY BELIEVE a word Cryptic says' It seems people are not really learning anything....

Let me sum it up, they don't intend to give us very much content, they are not going to honour very much of anything they say, they are going to continue to not listen to us on the forums (See my signature), we will be lucky to see 2 FE Series this year if that, let alone any other new content except nice shineys to go into the Cash Cow-Store for us to blow our wads on....

So simple really