Lt. Commander
# 61
02-08-2012, 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumerboy
I haven't played TOR, so maybe they handle it better. . .
I have played TOR, and this is what your companion does when you enter a moving elevator in that game:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumerboy
They'll try to follow you in, but they'll get stuck on the doors, they'll replay the same movement several times, they'll fall through the ground. Just crappy looking stuff.
It is, indeed, crappy looking stuff. I'm fine with STO not having moving elevators, because it looks terrible in TOR.
Lt. Commander
# 62
02-08-2012, 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumerboy View Post
Yup, that's how it would have to work.

The problem isn't teleporting them to you if they get far away (i think they should already be doing this?)
The problem is when you enter, and go up/down in an elevator. Your pets will look like morons. They'll try to follow you in, but they'll get stuck on the doors, they'll replay the same movement several times, they'll fall through the ground. Just crappy looking stuff.

I haven't played TOR, so maybe they handle it better. . . but that's what I would expect in our game if we just put in the moving platforms with no update to AI.
It seems the companions in TOR kinda often "ignore" the elevators and just stand still at the nearest position.

In STO, the teleporting does not seem to happen. In fact, "back in the days", many missions had bad AI pathing (beaconizer-man didn't come to the rescue until later?), and they remained stuck somewhere else, while you were in the middle fighting some angry Naucassian and wondered what your lazy BOs were doing.
Lt. Commander
# 63
02-08-2012, 01:18 PM
I know I'm not the only one who read this thread and was recalling this little exchange...
Lt. Commander
# 64
02-09-2012, 06:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eklinaar
I have played TOR, and this is what your companion does when you enter a moving elevator in that game:

It is, indeed, crappy looking stuff. I'm fine with STO not having moving elevators, because it looks terrible in TOR.
90% of the time my companion slowely walks onto the elevator with me. Other wise he/she just stands where the elevator is and teleports instantly to the top or bottom...amd I just lucky?