Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > The Academy
Login

Lt. Commander
Stuck in the arena fighting 3 angry dog things with a melee weapon.. I've died so often I have MULTIPLE major infuries and I'm doing no damage to them.

Who ever thought this quest was a good Idea should have been fired!!

The melee combat isn't implemented well enough for you to be able to rely on it.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-07-2012, 10:57 AM
try bringing along regenerators and using them between respawns. also, there are healing plants around the arena that act like hypos. If nothing else works, lower the difficulty. I've gone through that mission multiple times just fine, it's one of the best ones in the game. Also, don't just button mash when you get close to them, there are attack combos that give your melee weapon attacks more damage (there's a page on STO wiki that details those for you.)
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-07-2012, 11:12 AM
The herb just seem to be part of the area.. they don't do anything.. not for me anyway.

So I beamed out but when I try to continue it the main arena doors are closed so I have to do the whole thing again, including all the stupid running about doing arithmatic problem.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~Alecto
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-07-2012, 11:16 AM
I'm going to have to go with Aces_High on this one. "Colisieum" is one of the more interesting missions as part of the Reman FE series. You should look for the herbs in the arena that are doing the same "glow" that other interactable objects do, and keep running. I've never been killed in this mission,
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-07-2012, 11:21 AM
The only time i've ever been killed on this mission is when they brought in the new health math, and the herbs weren't adjusted to match. I'm sure you'll manage.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-07-2012, 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwackadidl View Post
Stuck in the arena fighting 3 angry dog things with a melee weapon.. I've died so often I have MULTIPLE major infuries and I'm doing no damage to them.

Who ever thought this quest was a good Idea should have been fired!!

The melee combat isn't implemented well enough for you to be able to rely on it.
Bring some friends along.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-07-2012, 11:23 AM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~Alecto
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-07-2012, 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwackadidl View Post

i sense a challenge..

I think i'll make a new character next week, and proceed to run it up to admiral using only melee combat. as well as on my Boffs..

the problem isnt with the game, its with your inability to use the mechanics everyone else is using. as a pointer, one of the most basic melee combo attacks can be created by pressing 1, 1, 2 with almost every melee weapon, including bare-handed. Frsutration is one thing, complaining about a mission that most people can complete with no problems is a little beyond that.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-07-2012, 11:28 AM
So there's supposed to be another prisoner in there with you?

Didn't happen first time.. that's probably why I was having trouble with it.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-07-2012, 11:29 AM