Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > The Academy
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
02-10-2012, 01:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xaosmg
When you get your chance to pick a melee weapon, I suggest taking all 3 since thi is the ONLY way for your FED character to have melee weqapons, without pruchasing the melee weapon pack in C-store.
It's not the only way. Besides the exchange, where they're pretty cheap, you can also buy them at DS9, and I think there's ones in the Dilithium store as well, plus ones from the STF vendor.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-10-2012, 01:48 AM
I'm just LOLing at the amount of posts removed for breach of some term in a thread about Coliseum LOL
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-10-2012, 09:02 AM
I'm new to the game and I just did this mission last night. I had the problem of survivabilty in Normal mode. During the first waves of fighting the animals, I noticed my health was low and ran around in circles wondering what to do. I didn't realize there were herbs to refill your health until the worm fight. I don't think I saw any yellow indicators or I was busy worrying about the animals. The prisoner also didn't accompany me. I died 2 times and wondered how people could survive this mission. Your health doesn't heal back even if you try to outrun them.

On the worm fight where you activate the 4 turrets, I think the yellow indicators bugged on me because I didn't see them, I just saw the console flash. I couldn't activate one of the consoles and had to go across to the other.

On an unrelated note, I had problems with survivability in Cutting the Cord. The boss and his two gaurds quickly dispatched my reinforcements and I couldn't face 3 at once. It wasn't until I discovered an allied team nearby in which I kited the boss into.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-10-2012, 09:22 AM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~Big Brother

I am only assuming the worst when i see the breach of some term. Like uncontrollably insults and swearing. Makes for a good read...
Lt. Commander
# 25 More Slamek
02-14-2012, 03:38 PM
Is there a way to recover Slamek? I need to help him with medicines but there's no Slamek on the map. I've tried to beam up and down without luck. GM Help is non-existence. So, is there a way around this mission?
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-14-2012, 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unkoala
Is there a way to recover Slamek? I need to help him with medicines but there's no Slamek on the map. I've tried to beam up and down without luck. GM Help is non-existence. So, is there a way around this mission?
if you've lost Slamek, you best bet may be to allow the mission instance to reset. Logout of the mission instance for 5+ minutes and not a second less. The mission instance will despawn. You can then re-enter the mission map at the last spawn point and Slamek should spawn with you. I'm assume you are in the desert stage just after the arena..
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-15-2012, 10:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwackadidl View Post
Stuck in the arena fighting 3 angry dog things with a melee weapon.. I've died so often I have MULTIPLE major infuries and I'm doing no damage to them.

Who ever thought this quest was a good Idea should have been fired!!

The melee combat isn't implemented well enough for you to be able to rely on it.
This is going to sound really messed up, but I ran around in a circle hitting the 1 & 2 buttons on my keyboard like mad. It actually worked. they couldn't catch up with me and that bat'leth did some mighty damage.
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-15-2012, 10:52 PM
Funnily; this is one of the very few missions I nearly rage quite on.

But the even more funny/strange thing is that I like to melee fight on my Klingon character...

and of course taking to borg with a melee weapon is hilarious...I swap out my minigun for a melee weapon
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-15-2012, 10:52 PM
Good work. 1 and 2 buttons randomly, no finesse? Sounds like a true Klingon warrior to me!
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-15-2012, 11:05 PM
As for the melee in this game it works fine for me but im running at 60 Frame/sec

Many people i have noticed having melee combat issues are trying to play the Game at like 15-20FPS.
it just dont work right.