Lt. Commander
# 1 STO community
02-07-2012, 11:53 AM
I have played a few MMOS over the last few years, EQ, DDO, LOTRO, and now STO. I must say that the community in STO is one of the worst I have ever seen. The forums are awash with rage venting , and ask a question in game chat channals and get creamed! I understand alot of people are unhappy that F2P has come to town, but is that really any reason to rage quit a STF because I showed up in a Oddessy ship!...
I have yet to complete one.... And getting all jacked up and start calling me names worst than n00b over a borg encounter that I have never warped into and dont know the rules. Yes I am lvl 50 and got that way on solo missions mostly. I have an alt that is lvl 7 atm and would love to get in to more fleet actions but wish I could find less...well crap...

I know that there has to be nicer people in the game, who understand what it is to be a newb and explain things instead of announcing in zone chat that so and so is a complete n00b!!!!. Hang out in ds9 chat and see what i mean....

LOL thanks for letting me air out they one and only problem I see with the game....
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-07-2012, 11:56 AM
It's funny. One person will post that the STO forums are the least angry and another will post they are the most. I've been on more forums then I care to remember - I am currently subscribed to 7 MMOs and play several more FTP games - and I can tell you I have seen much worse forums. Even WoW and SWTOR are more angst-ridden and angry then STO is, IMO. YMMV
Lt. Commander
# 3 Are you kidding me
02-07-2012, 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
It's funny. One person will post that the STO forums are the least angry and another will post they are the most. I've been on more forums then I care to remember - I am currently subscribed to 7 MMOs and play several more FTP games - and I can tell you I have seen much worse forums. Even WoW and SWTOR are more angst-ridden and angry then STO is, IMO. YMMV
Every game has its handfull of members who are the disrupitive forums but sto has no major angry members or throws abuse at all we get people venting the frustrations which we all do on occasions.

out of all the games sto has the best forum members helpfull poilte takes time to help each other.

if you don't like the forums then dont read it
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-07-2012, 12:00 PM
I've seen worse... FFXI was awful for that kind of behaviour, totaly elitism where one single piece of wrong equipment in your setup could result in your being "blacklisted" by all the big end-game groups..

the thing about STO is for every jerk who'll do something like you described and treat people in new situations like they're idiots there's at least one other person who'll actually be helpful...

I hope people with large fleets who run STF's regularly drop by this thread and invite you along to learn the basic with them, hopefully you'll get the chance to see not everyone is a self-righteous PITA..
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-07-2012, 12:01 PM
I agree that there are worse out there, but I only play LOTRO and this right now...I would go check out WoW forums, but I cant afford the brain cell loss from what I have heard lol...
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-07-2012, 12:02 PM
so how do you feel about the STO forums and community, really?
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-07-2012, 12:03 PM
I played WoW for about a year and that community is one of the rudest I have ever seen. Hell part of why i stopped playing the game was the community, that and the game was a bore to play with out my friends.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-07-2012, 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinwall1981 View Post
Every game has its handfull of members who are the disrupitive forums but sto has no major angry members or throws abuse at all we get people venting the frustrations which we all do on occasions.

out of all the games sto has the best forum members helpfull poilte takes time to help each other.

if you don't like the forums then dont read it
I come to the forums for information, I do read and try to obtain at least a little info on things.
I am sorry if my post seemed angry.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-07-2012, 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arlem72
I have played a few MMOS over the last few years, EQ, DDO, LOTRO, and now STO. I must say that the community in STO is one of the worst I have ever seen. The forums are awash with rage venting , and ask a question in game chat channals and get creamed! I understand alot of people are unhappy that F2P has come to town, but is that really any reason to rage quit a STF because I showed up in a Oddessy ship!...
I have yet to complete one.... And getting all jacked up and start calling me names worst than n00b over a borg encounter that I have never warped into and dont know the rules. Yes I am lvl 50 and got that way on solo missions mostly. I have an alt that is lvl 7 atm and would love to get in to more fleet actions but wish I could find less...well crap...

I know that there has to be nicer people in the game, who understand what it is to be a newb and explain things instead of announcing in zone chat that so and so is a complete n00b!!!!. Hang out in ds9 chat and see what i mean....

LOL thanks for letting me air out they one and only problem I see with the game....
I'll help you out! I have three characters and I love helping others. Add me to your friends list: Teleon@Teleon or Mirrid@Teleon
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-07-2012, 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleon View Post
I'll help you out! I have three characters and I love helping others. Add me to your friends list: Teleon@Teleon or Mirrid@Teleon
EDIT: It is also so very hard to find people willing to help in such a heavily instanced game. You really need to make a few friends somehow, between all the instances, to really enjoy the game. That is just my opinion.