Lt. Commander
I have attempted to complete the Borg sector invation several times over the last week and a half, and the mission is obnoxiously overpowered, and hence broke! The kicker was when I was on a team of all VAs with Mk11 or 12 anti-borg equipment and we still lost the mission! At this point, I will earn the "Defender of the Quadrent" accolade long before I will ever be able to complete the mission. I will point out that this mission was playable before the F2P changes.

There a several issues that contribute to the mission being effectivly impossible to complete. The first and foremost issue is that the B'Ger ship spawns five probes every 30 seconds! When two or three regen probes are in the area, it is nearly impossible to kill ONE of them unless EVERYONE shoots the same ship. Because of this, with that VA team, the lowest the health of the Unimatrix ship ever got was 50%. after that, the ship spawned regen probes at the rate of five every 5-30 seconds. By the time the timer expired, there were over twenty probes in the area! This is a major bug that makes the misson unplayable.

The secondary issue that is actually minor compaired to the Regen Probe issue is that the ship is so grossly overpowered that the torpedo spread III the B'Ger fires is a TPK (total party kill!)! Either this needs nerfed, or the area level need to be lowered.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-22-2012, 10:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilCell View Post
I have attempted to complete the Borg sector invation several times over the last week and a half, and the mission is obnoxiously overpowered, and hence broke! The kicker was when I was on a team of all VAs with Mk11 or 12 anti-borg equipment and we still lost the mission! At this point, I will earn the "Defender of the Quadrent" accolade long before I will ever be able to complete the mission. I will point out that this mission was playable before the F2P changes.

There a several issues that contribute to the mission being effectivly impossible to complete. The first and foremost issue is that the B'Ger ship spawns five probes every 30 seconds! When two or three regen probes are in the area, it is nearly impossible to kill ONE of them unless EVERYONE shoots the same ship. Because of this, with that VA team, the lowest the health of the Unimatrix ship ever got was 50%. after that, the ship spawned regen probes at the rate of five every 5-30 seconds. By the time the timer expired, there were over twenty probes in the area! This is a major bug that makes the misson unplayable.

The secondary issue that is actually minor compaired to the Regen Probe issue is that the ship is so grossly overpowered that the torpedo spread III the B'Ger fires is a TPK (total party kill!)! Either this needs nerfed, or the area level need to be lowered.
You need to have one or two teammates focusing fire on the Unimatrix ship and alternating the use of abilities that target auxiliary systems between them. The lower the Unimatrix ship's Aux, the slower the probes spawn.

The rest should take out regeneration probes and plasma bolts as necessary whilst unloading their heaviest firepower on the UX ship whenever said firepower is available. Also make sure everyone's attacking the same facing, or the same side of the ship.

Honestly, the hardest part of the Red Alerts in Orellius or anywhere else is consistently finding a group actually willing to destroy the Unimatrix ship, and not to intentionally fail the mission just shooting at the probes it launches for an accolade.

As for the Borg torpedo spread being a one hit kill on anything it hits, that's something we've been complaining about since the Red Alerts began.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-22-2012, 11:05 PM
Beaten the Orrellious RA nearly evey time (sometimes even with 4 people). best advice:

- Always take out Regen Probes first (and also if they respawn)

- Watch for Plasma Bolts and fire at them quickly if they're in range - then switch back to B'Ger

- IGNORE any of the other probe types (Tractor, etc.) and just focus fire on B'Ger. (And clean them up AFTER B'Ger blows up.)

- Constantly fire everything you have and remember to fly along and rotate your ship a bit so any front and rear Torpedo launchers fre as often as possible.

- Use any Debuff, DPS boost and EPtW powers as soon as they become available again (DPS is king in this encounter)

- Let yourself get below 50% at the start of the fight and get you 'Fleet Support' out (every bit of DPS helps; but be sure to heal after you've fired it off.)

It's designed to be the TOUGHEST Borg RA in STO - as all the Borg there are Leve 52; andanyone bumped up is only bumped to 45, etc.

If you still find it too difficult (and you're not Level 50 yet); resist the urge to join in. The majority of the rest of the sectors are ROFL easy for max level chaarcters.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-23-2012, 07:15 AM
I just recently jumped into my first Orellius Sector black Red Alert and manged to beat it with a great team of random players.

I actually forgot that Orellius plays this at level 52 until B'ger showed up and started spawning a billion nanite probes.

In the end, we beat it, I got the accolade, and I was really very satisfied at the challenge offered compared to the AMAZINGLY easy Red Alerts I've been playing everywhere else in STO since September.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-23-2012, 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsman View Post
- Always take out Regen Probes first (and also if they respawn)
- Watch for Plasma Bolts and fire at them quickly if they're in range - then switch back to B'Ger
- Constantly fire everything you have and remember to fly along and rotate your ship a bit so any front and rear Torpedo launchers fre as often as possible.
- Use any Debuff, DPS boost and EPtW powers as soon as they become available again (DPS is king in this encounter)

- Let yourself get below 50% at the start of the fight and get you 'Fleet Support' out (every bit of DPS helps; but be sure to heal after you've fired it off.)
Done, done, and done.

As for the Fleet Support, as soon as I get below 50%, I hit it, but either the Borg set procs, bumping me back above 50%, or some one heals me causing the ability to be used, but fail to activate! Also, I use Going Down Fighting whenever I drop below 75%.

I think you failed to read the part at the top where I said the entire team was VA (level 50). Also, everyone had at least one and often more than two different anti-proton weapons. I NEVER had the problem of failing this mission with a full team BEFORE the F2P changes.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-07-2012, 05:54 AM
I'm agreed with the Tread Opener.

Im new in the game, but has try these Encounter now more than one Times.

Tooday whe was all VA, and all say the same. Respawn rate are to high.

3 was in an Cruiser ship, all has Antiproton Weapons, 2 of us shoot only the Regen probes Down, but the respawn of them was faster, as we can shoot down them.

Most of the Time it was 3 Regen Probes around.

And Sry for my bad typing, but native Language is Swiss German.

Greetins Yoshikawa.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-07-2012, 10:52 AM
I'm now having trouble completeling the Borg Sector Invasion missions in other sectors such as the Regulus Invasion, where the Borg are the same level as my characters (+0, VA50) This problem is getting worse the more time that is going by. These missions need a major overhaul.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-08-2012, 05:31 AM
I have two problems with the invasion event.

#1 is what the OP brought up, the regen probes. Even one is enough to outheal a 5-man team's combined DPS on the Unimatrix. And they spawn in multiples. There's no reason whatsoever for those things to respawn once they're cleared away the first time, other than the design team flipping off the players.

#2 is the plasma death-ball. There is no such thing as a "good" or "fair" or "justifiable" instant-kill in a game where the PC has more than one max hp. Combine this thing with the general PUG tendancy to attack the nose of the Unimatrix, right where the plasma death-ball spawns, and it's a small miracle that anyone ever clears the red-alert event.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-08-2012, 06:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazapsky

#2 is the plasma death-ball. There is no such thing as a "good" or "fair" or "justifiable" instant-kill in a game where the PC has more than one max hp. Combine this thing with the general PUG tendancy to attack the nose of the Unimatrix, right where the plasma death-ball spawns, and it's a small miracle that anyone ever clears the red-alert event.
Personally I love the plasma bolts because I just kite them towards the boss and then let them hit me. Does about 50% hull damage to it regardless of shields.

=====

Zombies are one of my least favorite species of the Galaxy. I must destroy this one and remind you Humans to open a new thread if you need to post on a topic that has not seen the light of day in over 30 days.

Q

=====
Closed Thread