Lt. Commander
# 101
02-07-2012, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
I dont mind them selling the boxes in the store, but I dont like the idea of having to purchase a store item to open something I loot in game. I would rather them simply sell the boxes in the store and make them an uber rare loot in game as well.
Agreed. I also suspect the odds of getting the Galor from the drop box will be similar to the odds for the Jem Bug. Needless to say, I do not like this and think Cryptic should not do this. If certain ships cannot be giving out due to CBS concern of it being too common, then either set up a raffle (Say a mission that everyone completes and at x date, pull y number of characters out of that pool) or do not give them to the players at all.

I would comment more as to why these drop boxes are bad, but apparently that is against the forum policy.
Lt. Commander
# 102
02-07-2012, 01:22 PM
If Cryptic had a shred of decency they would do like this..

- Forget about the master key nonsense.
- Have the lock boxes as a rare drop
- Have lock boxes on the c-store that people can buy if they cannot be bothered to grind for them.
Lt. Commander
# 103
02-07-2012, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
I dont mind them selling the boxes in the store, but I don't like the idea of having to purchase a store item to open something I loot in game. I would rather them simply sell the boxes in the store and make them an uber rare loot in game as well.
Well we shouldn't have expected anything different. This is the sort of thing you see in Forsaken World and other PWE games. They've decided that this is the direction they want to go with the game, and we'll see how well or poorly it does for them. I personally see it doing well, for a short while, then eventually the market they're appealing to, Westerners, will get tired of the eastern "pay to win, even if you're paying a sub" and grow away. So this sort of concept will be a boon to them in the short run, but I think in the long run we'll see it damage them more so, in what is likely to be a slow and painful death for a potentially great concept. Be it due to greed, or ignorance on some partys behalf.
Lt. Commander
# 104
02-07-2012, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kill-Jack
That would be until they experience a boycott and the older players warning the new about this money trap. Which I will be warning the free players in my clan who I know dont have the money to do this. And even the ones considering a lifetime sub because it will kill their interest and they wont want to play anymore.
Yeah, we did that all through the Winter Event. End result? The Winter Grab Bag was probably the most lucrative item yet put on to the C-Store by Cryptic.

In the end, the only one you can take responsibility for is yourself. If enough peiople DON'T buy grab bags or keys; the practice of making and selling these items will sop, but not before.

Yes, the Forums may rage, but in the end it's the acctions of the playerbase at large that will determine the outcome, and I have a feeling the keys will be a money maker for Cryptic even as the more vocal peopel on the Forums who disagree with this pardigm rage on.
Lt. Commander
# 105
02-07-2012, 01:24 PM
this is just dirty
Lt. Commander
# 106
02-07-2012, 01:25 PM
This is outrages! We get cardassian lockbox before ROMULAN lockbox! Again, this is OUTRAGOUS!
Other than that I have no objections.
Lt. Commander
# 107
02-07-2012, 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by -GEN-Alaris
For the love of god, NO. NO NO NO NO NO!

This is NOT COOL.

Making it so we actually have to pay C-POINTS to open IN-GAME LOOT!? What the hell are you thinking, Cryptic? This isn't some SPECIAL EVENT either, it seems, where I might be able to understand.

*Sigh* It seems that... Perfect World has truly gotten their "Money-Grubbing" hands on you... why Cryptic? Why?
quote for truth
Lt. Commander
# 108
02-07-2012, 01:26 PM
And so it begins again...

This way at least you can sell them unopened if you don't want to buy keys.
Lt. Commander
# 109
02-07-2012, 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
- Forget about the master key nonsense.
- Have the lock boxes as a rare drop
- Have lock boxes on the c-store that people can buy if they cannot be bothered to grind for them.
In other words, like the winter event. I agree with this.

Personally, I'll be deleting every lockbox I come across. No, I will not be selling them on the AH - I don't support this decision, and I won't abet anyone else's decision to support it.

I don't like the lockbox money grab in Fallen Earth, and I don't like it here either.
Lt. Commander
# 110
02-07-2012, 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakden View Post
It's all they've got! They've shown for 2 years they are incapable of making actual content and gameplay deserving of our $$$ so they will just shoot for the lowest common denominator and hope to scrape some big bucks from the P2W crowd. I really hope CBS has some good legalese up their sleeves so they can yank this licence and let someone decent have a go at it.
No one is forcing you to buy the key to open the box. At the end of the day, you can live without the content inside it.