Lt. Commander
# 11
02-07-2012, 12:32 PM
LoLWUT! You're telling me I have to pay you cryptic points to open a flipping loot drop?! At a worst this should be a free service to Gold Members. Just when I think you can't make me lament my dropping 340 bucks at launch for the Collector's + Lifetime Subscription more, you find a way. For that you get a bravo. *clap* *clap* *clap*
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-07-2012, 12:33 PM
"To open one of the Lock Boxes, a character will also need an item called a Master Key. Master Keys can be purchased in the C-Store"

So this time you don't even bother to give people the illusion of getting something without paying cash like in the winter "event"?
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-07-2012, 12:34 PM
Here we go again. At least the Galor doesn't look as good as the Jem'Hadar ship so there should be less demand for it unless it has comparable stats.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-07-2012, 12:35 PM
So...do you have to buy a master key for each box?
Or does one purchased key open all boxes you may find?

If it's one key forever, this will be no biggie for those that get the monthly stipend...
For those that don't, well...expect much complaining...
If it's a key per box...omg, this thread's gonna get nuked.

*edit* NM, reread the article, selling keys in packs answers my question...
cheap...
Lt. Commander
# 15
This sounded like a great idea until I read this:

"To open one of the Lock Boxes, a character will also need an item called a Master Key. Master Keys can be purchased in the C-Store for 100 CP, or in a 10-pack for 900 CP. If you attempt to open a Lock Box without a Master Key, you will get a message explaining that you need one. If you have more than one Master Key, then only one key will be consumed each time you open a Lock Box."

However, if these lock boxes are staying in the game...forever, then this is actually not bad. And it gives me a C-Point sink. But considering that a GALOR class is a reward, something tells me these won't be in the game forever, and it's just the grab bag nonsense all over again, just done a bit differently.
Lt. Commander
# 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmafire2374 View Post
I wonder if Cryptic has learned from the Winter Wonderland Mystery Box mistakes. I guess we'll soon see.

Any word on how many C-points per box?
I don't believe you buy the boxes from the C-Store ... only in game.

However, you have to buy those master keys for each time you want to open one.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-07-2012, 12:36 PM
I've been busting my *** trying to save EC to buy those red gift boxes off of the exchange, in the slim hope that i'd get a jem bug. I'm not one of those people with dozens of millions of EC, so it's been more than a little difficult, especially when i have 6 characters in the game.

And now the Galor is going to be up?

I'm this close to just giving up on this kind of thing altogether. I'll just go back to grinding dilithium so i can guy the Fed ships off of the c-store I think.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-07-2012, 12:37 PM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~Alecto
Lt. Commander
# 19
and it will be one per box... so if you get 100 boxes, 10,000 CP from you.
Lt. Commander
# 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBFLordKrueg View Post
So...do you have to buy a master key for each box?
Or does one purchased key open all boxes you may find?

If it's one key forever, this will be no biggie for those that get the monthly stipend...
For those that don't, well...expect much complaining...
If it's a key per box...omg, this thread's gonna get nuked.
Since they are selling multi-packs of keys I assume it's one key per box.