Lt. Commander
# 11
02-07-2012, 06:25 PM
And this is why I am not foolish enough to buy into the latest grabbag.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-07-2012, 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexsam View Post
Ah yeah, that's right baby, take it off real slow...
That is sooo wrong haha.

But yeah...here's your 2000cp console.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-07-2012, 06:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueWarper
They can't...there is no secondary output Impulse Drive for the ship.
CapnLogan had said some time ago that the secondaries would be "under" the saucer, naturally "hidden" while connected.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-07-2012, 06:39 PM
As a relevant FYI, Eaves worked out the Sovereign's separation when he designed the ship.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-07-2012, 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickmariner
As a relevant FYI, Eaves worked out the Sovereign's separation when he designed the ship.
I'd be intrigued to know where the secondary hull impulse engines are stored. It'd seem odd that they'd be hidden behind any kind of hull plating that's for sure.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-07-2012, 07:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
And this is why I am not foolish enough to buy into the latest grabbag.
You mean the Master Keys for the Cardassian Grabbag *cough* Lockbox?
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-07-2012, 07:18 PM
Well as I thought that second Universal was saved for the C-store model, and the Saucer Seperation looks pretty en par with the Sovereign's saucer seperation concept art.

But the thing that worries me is that the Odyssey is really a Pay to Win Ship, because its effectively a combination of all 4 T5 Cruisers:

The Firepower of an Attack Cruiser, the Survivability of a Star Cruiser, the Saucer Seperation of the Galaxy, plus the Tactical Capability of the Excelsior. So really the only people who want the old T5 ships are those who are fans.

IMHO, they should've reserved the Odyssey for a Tier 6 ship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirian_darkstar View Post
CapnLogan had said some time ago that the secondaries would be "under" the saucer, naturally "hidden" while connected.
Not sure until we can see more detail on the model, but there are Impulse manifolds in the warp pylons as well, which ends up being the predecessor to the Enterprise J's impulse engines in it's warp pylons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amosov
I'd be intrigued to know where the secondary hull impulse engines are stored. It'd seem odd that they'd be hidden behind any kind of hull plating that's for sure.
The Sovereign's saucer seperation is meant for emergency seperation only, while the Galaxy is purposely designed for the Saucer to seperate to keep the civilians out of harms way.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-07-2012, 07:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
Well as I thought that second Universal was saved for the C-store model, and the Saucer Seperation looks pretty en par with the Sovereign's saucer seperation concept art.

But the thing that worries me is that the Odyssey is really a Pay to Win Ship, because its effectively a combination of all 4 T5 Cruisers:

The Firepower of an Attack Cruiser, the Survivability of a Star Cruiser, the Saucer Seperation of the Galaxy, plus the Tactical Capability of the Excelsior. So really the only people who want the old T5 ships are those who are fans.

IMHO, they should've reserved the Odyssey for a Tier 6 ship.

Not sure until we can see more detail on the model, but there are Impulse manifolds in the warp pylons as well, which ends up being the predecessor to the Enterprise J's impulse engines in it's warp pylons.

The Sovereign's saucer seperation is meant for emergency seperation only, while the Galaxy is purposely designed for the Saucer to seperate to keep the civilians out of harms way.
The Odyssey maybe a Hybrid Combination of all 4 T5 ships but I'd hardly say effective or at least (as) effecitve.

It only has 2 Tac console slots, gains no passive buff to weapons dmg and turns like a Galaxy or worse. The only ship the Odyssey will completely put to pasture is the Galaxy-R since it's already an otherwise useless ship, potentially the Star Cruiser as well. She'll make for a great Engineering Captain ship, maybe even Science but Tacs should steer clear of it, imo.

I'd hardly call it a Pay To Win ship. That was the Jem Ha'daar and people payed BIG. With the console changes, not so much in the To Win part, anymore.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-07-2012, 07:30 PM
Hmmm, not to tiff, but the Saucer section in question has already Two drives, you meant the lower section, correct?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirian_darkstar View Post
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-07-2012, 07:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amosov
Go find the impulse engines on a Nebula Class...