Lt. Commander
# 11
02-09-2012, 06:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamid
Or if you're like me you solo'd 2 cubes, all the generaters and a gate below 40% before 3 others finished their side w/the occasional help of the guy clearing probes on the side I was on. They had died multiple times and not repaired (by multiple I mean I counted over 10 injuries each before it was over). I ask them what was taking them so long and they started pming me vulgar insults, putting me on ignore (before the split), and told me no builds are better then others when I told them they shouldn't be doing elites w/o bringing enough dps to handle the probe spawns. If I hadn't solo'd my side they'd have lost from all the sphere spam as they ignored another players request to leave the gate at 10% health.

So, when the bug happened I just afk'd cloaked, ate dinner and watched them. One would GW the KA boss, another would tbr it out of the gw. One would Tykens the boss, another would tbr it out. It took them 25 min to kill the boss. 4 of them all w/many injuries they wouldn't heal. Of course this made me LoL. By the time I got back from my after dinner smoke, they'd finally killed it.

I got a proto type drop out of it so that and the laughs made the time worth it to me.
This is what is wrong with this game........"I have done enough so i'm not going to help any more".........no real excuss for this, dont matter if people were rude to you, people can be *******s, fact of life, you simple report and ignore, the tools are a mouse click away.

But i dont see what your did that your so proud about.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-09-2012, 06:54 AM
Sean, about the 'ninja KDF' kicking you from the group... Read this:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showpost.php?p=4005029&postcount=18

It's my post in another of your threads about this.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-09-2012, 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefox-XL5
This is what is wrong with this game........"I have done enough so i'm not going to help any more".........no real excuss for this, dont matter if people were rude to you, people can be *******s, fact of life, you simple report and ignore, the tools are a mouse click away.

But i dont see what your did that your so proud about.
You missed the point entirely. I pointed out how much I'd done to show they wouldn't have been able to complete the mission if someone wasn't carrying them. I don't play this game to carry other people, though I will do it if they're at least willing to communicate in a civil manner and attempt to coordinate as a team. I've done this quite often including w/a teammate using an all turret boat.

However, they refused to acknowledge the obvious which is they're builds were so bad they needed to be carried and they should change them (3 people on a side were have trouble killing KA probes the easiest ships on elite to kill). They also wouldn't repair (this is 4 people who did this). This combined w/the insults is why I afk cloaked, so they'd learn the hard way how bad their builds were. Since it took them over 25 minutes to do what other PuG groups I've been in under 2 the point was made.

It's then I saw they're team play was just as bad. As I mentioned before they would TBR(or P2W console) the boss out of another players GW multiple times. This is when I lol'd b/c if they hadn't had me on ignore they'd have noticed my heads up not to do this and to repair themselves.

Lastly, I don't agree to just let people be rude w/o consequences. It's perfectly reasonable for someone to stop helping if they've been personally insulted w/o cause from multiple players in a PuG group. Further, if I knew someone had been subjected to the insults I'd been subjected to then I would stop helping even though it wasn't me being targeted. If it meant the mission failed or took the others hours to finish while I afk'd so be it. There's nothing wrong w/self policing poor behavoir.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-09-2012, 09:32 AM
Quote:
You missed the point entirely. I pointed out how much I'd done to show they wouldn't have been able to complete the mission if someone wasn't carrying them. I don't play this game to carry other people, though I will do it if they're at least willing to communicate in a civil manner and attempt to coordinate as a team. I've done this quite often including w/a teammate using an all turret boat.

However, they refused to acknowledge the obvious which is they're builds were so bad they needed to be carried and they should change them (3 people on a side were have trouble killing KA probes the easiest ships on elite to kill). They also wouldn't repair (this is 4 people who did this). This combined w/the insults is why I afk cloaked, so they'd learn the hard way how bad their builds were. Since it took them over 25 minutes to do what other PuG groups I've been in under 2 the point was made.

It's then I saw they're team play was just as bad. As I mentioned before they would TBR(or P2W console) the boss out of another players GW multiple times. This is when I lol'd b/c if they hadn't had me on ignore they'd have noticed my heads up not to do this and to repair themselves.

Lastly, I don't agree to just let people be rude w/o consequences. It's perfectly reasonable for someone to stop helping if they've been personally insulted w/o cause from multiple players in a PuG group. Further, if I knew someone had been subjected to the insults I'd been subjected to then I would stop helping even though it wasn't me being targeted. If it meant the mission failed or took the others hours to finish while I afk'd so be it. There's nothing wrong w/self policing poor behavoir.
These two statements say it all......another elitest simply making the game a chore for anybody not up to their percived level...............I have to keep reminding myself when i read stuff like this that it's just a game.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-09-2012, 09:33 AM
Quote:

amen dear sir. When is your next book signing going to be?
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-09-2012, 09:36 AM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Askray
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-09-2012, 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefox-XL5
These two statements say it all......another elitest simply making the game a chore for anybody not up to their percived level...............I have to keep reminding myself when i read stuff like this that it's just a game.
You're putting words in my mouth. I never expected nor asked them to be "up to my level". I asked for them to be up to the basic task level of killing the easiest NPC to kill in the Elite Space STFs. It's not a high bar.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-09-2012, 09:38 AM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Askray
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-09-2012, 09:57 AM
It is an annoying bug indeed. Happened to be on 4 separate occasions in the past 3 days in KA ground Elite.

On another note, I just came back to the game after a few months and I'm glad that we can now do cross-faction STF's. None of my KDF chars had ever been able to find groups for KA and Terradome. I have Fed chars so I did them with them. However, I know people who only play KDF so those STF's are new to them. Granted they changed a lot but a little pre-match dialogue usually goes a long way. Take charge and tell them what to do. Most people will be glad to finally complete the Optional objectives.

P.S. I have, to this date, not been able to get a group to complete CURE (space and ground) on Elite. Infected and KA, countless times.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-09-2012, 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trygvar View Post
It is an annoying bug indeed. Happened to be on 4 separate occasions in the past 3 days in KA ground Elite.

On another note, I just came back to the game after a few months and I'm glad that we can now do cross-faction STF's. None of my KDF chars had ever been able to find groups for KA and Terradome. I have Fed chars so I did them with them. However, I know people who only play KDF so those STF's are new to them. Granted they changed a lot but a little pre-match dialogue usually goes a long way. Take charge and tell them what to do. Most people will be glad to finally complete the Optional objectives.

P.S. I have, to this date, not been able to get a group to complete CURE (space and ground) on Elite. Infected and KA, countless times.
You can try the Organized PvP channel. There are times people are putting groups together for grinding STFs. If you want it and ask they'll help you w/buillds et al.