Lt. Commander
Hi all,

Like the title says, I'd like to know how to get a Field Generator console. I have visited several traders, checked the exchange, but can't seem to find one. When searching online, I find messages like "You can buy it at the vendor for 25 emblems". This is obviously outdated, since emblems are no longer a currency, but I would expect to be able to buy it then for dhilitium or energy credits, but where?

Thanks,
elloco
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-08-2012, 02:10 AM
Go to the shipyard (where you can see the Oddysse class outside the window). Just outside the turbolift head down the stairs to the right, and talk to the vendor that sells dilithium items. (should be the one closest to the windows).
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-08-2012, 02:12 AM
You can craft them at Memory Alpha, or get them on the exchange. They are under Science Consoles - and they are only available (To my knowledge) at Mk XI Purple.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-08-2012, 02:27 AM
If they're mk xi, that woudld explain why I didn't find them at the vendor. II'm Rear Admiral atm so never looked at anything above mk x.

I did search on the exchange using "Field Generator" as search string and any quality as filter and didn't find anything. Will try a search for purple items tomorrow, see what result that will give.

Thank you both for your quick replies!
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-08-2012, 02:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Loco
If they're mk xi, that woudld explain why I didn't find them at the vendor. II'm Rear Admiral atm so never looked at anything above mk x.

I did search on the exchange using "Field Generator" as search string and any quality as filter and didn't find anything. Will try a search for purple items tomorrow, see what result that will give.

Thank you both for your quick replies!
Also, there has been a small glitch with the exchange over the last few days, I believe they have a fix for it tomorrow in the patch. It should be better then.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-08-2012, 02:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AviKerensky View Post
You can craft them at Memory Alpha, or get them on the exchange. They are under Science Consoles - and they are only available (To my knowledge) at Mk XI Purple.
I think you mean XI Rare. There are no XI Very Rares at all.

Also don't bother trying to find one on your KDF character. They can't buy XI consoles with Dilithium. Great, eh?

vvv It happens.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-08-2012, 02:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitsuneRommel
I think you mean XI Rare. There are no XI Very Rares at all.
Saw 4 purples on the exchange, about 2 hours ago, from this post.

Edit: This is also assuming I have the correct console in my head. The Field Generator is the console with +35% Shield Capacity, correct?

Further edit: I was wrong. They are blue. I could have sworn they used be purple.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-08-2012, 04:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AviKerensky View Post
Also, there has been a small glitch with the exchange over the last few days, I believe they have a fix for it tomorrow in the patch. It should be better then.
I had indeed noticed this. Searching for "any quality" gives no results at all, searching for any other quality does give results... But I searched for the field generator before this glitch started. But possibly I did search for Field Generator Mk viii (as I was still a captain at the time).

Anyway, will check next time I'm online.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-09-2012, 03:52 AM
I did a quick search on the exchange yesterday and found plenty of Field Generators this time. They are expensive though 1.4M I still have to check the vendor.

The glitch seems to have been fixed, as I searched for any quality and that worked just fine.

Thanks everyone for your input!

elloco