Lt. Commander
# 11
02-08-2012, 02:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackV7
Awesome, your awesome for posting those links.

I have a question though, does the new FE correspond to the order of missions in the mission log. Since the changes you have to do the missions in order. I have a VA that haven't done any of the Captain level Cardassian/Dominion True Way missions.

I hope this does not effect my ability to play the new FE. What level must I be to do them? and do I have to do all other missions in chronological order, in order for me to play the new FE themselves?

Good chances are this FE series will be just like all the others before it. there will be a min level like Lt 7 or something, and it will be available to everyone regardless of story arc progress. some time after the whole series is out then they will fold it into the mission logs like the others
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-08-2012, 02:49 AM
My Defiant is kitted up and ready to go in proper DS9 style.

Can't wait!!!
Lt. Commander
# 13 Brillant
02-08-2012, 02:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madeye_malk
Good chances are this FE series will be just like all the others before it. there will be a min level like Lt 7 or something, and it will be available to everyone regardless of story arc progress. some time after the whole series is out then they will fold it into the mission logs like the others
I never wanted to watch deep space 9 thought it looked boring but i finally watched all the seasons and its brillant wis i had watched it earlier great story line
Lt. Commander
# 14 Me want more
02-08-2012, 03:35 AM
mongo want more, mongo only pawn in game of life.......

What are the projected rewards for said FE series? Another BO for my crew of freak show BO's?
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-08-2012, 05:21 AM
I'm delighted to watch this again, kudos to the OP
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-08-2012, 06:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CivilPhil
Sisko fights his way to DS9 and the wormhole
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwKnvRPIrl0

Now in the wormhole, Sisko gets the prophets to get rid of the 2800 ships
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USqzdvKf4T8

Just to prep you all for the epicness that was the plot that lead to this FE
Thank you so much for the first link. I have always wondered what episode that massive DS9 battle was in. Now I have a direct link to it to watch over and over again.

My fictional heart goes out to all the Feds, Marqui and Cardies that fictionally died during that one battle sequence.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-08-2012, 06:20 AM
DS9 is on Netflix as well. You can also start here for consecutive reviews of the entire Dominon arc.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-08-2012, 06:31 AM
I also remember Sisko shooting quantuum Torpedoes at the wormhole and hailing the Dominion afterwards telling them that their reifnorcements will come in 80 years. - What was that about then?
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-08-2012, 06:46 AM
Can anyone explain to me why the starfleet ships don't just warp passed the dominion fleet?

Space is so ludicrously big that a line formation they showed in that clip 'blocking' the path to DS9 in deep space doesn't really make any sense to me. If you think star systems are big, they are a grain of sand in the sea that is space and a fleet of ships is insignificant compared to a star.

I can't imagine how any battle could happen anywhere other than at a key resource/strategic position (i.e planets, space stations).

Why didn't the battle happen at DS9?
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-08-2012, 07:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt_Dracon_Darknight View Post
I also remember Sisko shooting quantuum Torpedoes at the wormhole and hailing the Dominion afterwards telling them that their reifnorcements will come in 80 years. - What was that about then?
That was from this MUCH earlier episode in season 3: http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/The_...rt_II_(episode)

TL/DR - the feds had met the dominion, the dominion captured the defiant crew and put them into a computer simulation to see how various invasion strategies would play out.

The firing of torpedos at the wormhole and the "you can expect reinforcements in about 70 years!" never really happened. It was all a computer simulation.

That's what that was about.