Lt. Commander
# 1 crash crash crash
02-08-2012, 01:54 AM
just re-installed ... downloaded patches ... now when i play i may get 5 mins i may get 3 mins i may get 20 mins .... but no longer than that .. then freeze and crash .... every time .. ?? any ideas before i remove game ???....... have lost all patience now
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-08-2012, 07:31 AM
After you get the game updated and get in game, you can uninstall Pando Media Booster or shut it down (PMB.exe in Windows Task Manager) if you start getting unusual lag spikes, system resource problems, bandwidth issues, or other network issues. Info about pando issues: https://support.perfectworld.com/app...tail/a_id/4042

Please make sure that your system meets the system requirements.

You may need to update or install the latest Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable. You may need to update your version of Windows, also may need to update to the latest version of DirectX and Internet Explorer 8 or 9 with Javascript enabled. You may also need to check or change your network settings.

You can try adding the game folder/files to your exceptions list in your antivirus and firewall software. Please see the help menu or support website for the software that you use if you aren't sure how to do it.

At your own risk, you may have to disable your antivirus, firewall, and other security software temporarily while you download, install, update, login to, and play the game. Sometimes the security software will block it or throttle it, no matter what you try or even if you try to add exceptions for the game files in your security software.

You may also have to disable, shut down, uninstall, or disable any: torrent, keyboard/mouse, web browser toolbars, video/screen capture, gamepad/input device, multimedia, Instant Messaging, voice over IP, web browser games, other games software applications before downloading, installing, updating, logging into, and playing the game. Basically shut down all non-essential programs.

--------

If you can not find your technical support solution on the forums, or in the support FAQs, please feel free to contact us.

You can do so here: https://support.perfectworld.com/ If you want to send us a ticket, you may have to create a PWE account and/or associate your Cryptic account to a PWE account.

Or, you can send us an email to customerservice@perfectworld.com

If you send us an email, PLEASE include as much information as you can about your problem.

Which game, where in the game, what kind of problem? Installation, download, update, connection, Windows, hardware, software, antivirus, login and similar problems are.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-08-2012, 10:47 AM
Pando Media Booster... is this like a program that creates a torrent for STO files?
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-08-2012, 01:06 PM
yes yes and even after you do all this and realize its crappy servers run by crappy techs you'll find out you have 2 options deal with the major annoyances of being disconnected all the time or quit playing. Either which way dont buy cstore content and show cryptic whose boss. I'd rather let a game die then see such crappy customer support go on and on. Its NOT OUR END cryptic...its yours...stop trying to buy time and hope the problem goes away and just get to the bottom of it and fix it or just say you wont/cant and let people move on to a game that actually works and isnt so frustrating.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-08-2012, 01:13 PM
Yeah the problem isn't with you and don't listen to DarthPanda16. He's useless.

I doubt Darth is even a real human being. Probably a Dev Team Bot. Every response he makes is a cookie cut and paste response with no actual thought behind it. Also someone should probably tell him that Star Wars and Star Trek are different. Yes they both have "star" in the name and they take place in space. Similarities end there.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-08-2012, 02:38 PM
Darth is actually the PWE Global Tech Support Admin...meaning he's responsible for EVERY game currently in PWE's stable. Which at last count, comes to 10 games. Give the guy a break that he has to C&P a response to try and get more information rather than give a specific response to YOUR issue. It's nowhere near the definition of fair to blast him like that because he is unable to give a specific response to YOUR situation.

YOU want a dev response? Good. So do hundreds of other players. Problem with that is this: The devs don't have a response for every known hardware/software configuration or what routers/third party hardware a player may be using without asking for the current configuration. Computers, after all, are nearly as unique in individual configuration as the people who use them. The purpose of a "copy and paste" response, as you so eloquently put it, is to gain more detailed information about the issue. Most of the time, though, they aren't going to post said response in the forum--a member of the Tech Support staff will look the ticket over and base their response on the information provided.

If you DO get a dev/staff response in many tech support forums, given the volume of inquiries and issues that Tech Support gets on a daily basis, consider yourself lucky.

But do NOT be so arrogant to accuse him of not being a real person because he has to, by the nature and volume of his job, resort to copied/pasted replies in many situations.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-08-2012, 05:29 PM
Pffft, I am the most bot like non bot, bot Panda of the Sith with Borg implants here, you kiddin' ? :p

Millions of players play the game and have no issues.

We work to try and help you figure out the issues you are having.

Millions of possible system configurations, millions of possible network configurations. Trying to solve online computer problems can be like trying to find a needle at the bottom of the Mariana Trench stuck inside a PB&J sandwich, inside a shark dancing the macarena with some killer whales.

It helps us if you send us the requested information instead of complaining about the problem and not letting us try and help you

We will push players to submit tickets because we can TRACK the problems reported easier, report and share them to the Cryptic/PWE teams (QA, Support, Engineering, etc) easier, and have records about the busiest stuff each week. This also helps us refer devs and other team members to certain ticket numbers with related issues.

This also allows us to ask for your traceroutes, dxdiags, hijackthis logs in a more private setting so the Internet doesn't know you might be watching something weird like a Spaceballs, while you had an old school My Little Pony cartoon playing, and a Twilight Dressup App running while playing Magical Unicorn Defense. :p (not saying you as in anyone in particular, I mean as in someone out there on the interwebs that contacts us.)

YOU WOULD NOT BELIEVE what we are subjected to in screenshots, videos, and emails submitted by players.

TLDR:
I talked about the beautiful Queen of Met'T'gal who is golden and enchants ships somewhere in the game.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-08-2012, 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthpanda16 View Post
Trying to solve online computer problems can be like trying to find a needle at the bottom of the Mariana Trench stuck inside a PB&J sandwich, inside a shark dancing the macarena with some killer whales.
I actually do this every Tuesday. It really isn't so bad once you learn proper breathing techniques.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-08-2012, 05:42 PM
Support team *loves* you guys. They think you all deserve cookies too! XD
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-08-2012, 05:48 PM
Quote:
Pffft, I am the most bot like non bot, bot Panda of the Sith with Borg implants here, you kiddin' ? :p
... well shazbot ...

Quote:
Support team *loves* you guys. They think you all deserve cookies too! XD
SHAZBOT YA!!!