Lt. Commander
# 1 Team Support
02-08-2012, 02:57 AM
ok so only been playing STO for 2 weeks now and in my view the Team support system kinda stinks,

i mean yeah it's a good idea to lvl down/restrict higher lvl people helping lower lvl people .. i like that alot

but what bugs me is this whole support range thing ... in my view it should be taken out as it cause's a really stupid problem, every time i or one of mr freinds gets out of range every one changes back to there own lvl and then the mission we're changes it's lvl to match the highest lvl person causeing all the lower lvl guys to get there ***'s heavly powned and i find this really annoying, or when a friend jumps online and joins the mission 2 mins in the game relevels it's self,

cant the suppor range bit just be taken out, i mean yeah i can maybe understand them trying to keep the team together but the range is way to shourt,

i dunno if any else finds this annoying but it's really the only thing in the game that dose to me

i hope it can be sorted or even improved so the range is removed when every ones on the actal mission or some thing
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-08-2012, 08:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtnoah
ok so only been playing STO for 2 weeks now and in my view the Team support system kinda stinks,

i mean yeah it's a good idea to lvl down/restrict higher lvl people helping lower lvl people .. i like that alot

but what bugs me is this whole support range thing ... in my view it should be taken out as it cause's a really stupid problem, every time i or one of mr freinds gets out of range every one changes back to there own lvl and then the mission we're changes it's lvl to match the highest lvl person causeing all the lower lvl guys to get there ***'s heavly powned and i find this really annoying, or when a friend jumps online and joins the mission 2 mins in the game relevels it's self,

cant the suppor range bit just be taken out, i mean yeah i can maybe understand them trying to keep the team together but the range is way to shourt,

i dunno if any else finds this annoying but it's really the only thing in the game that dose to me

i hope it can be sorted or even improved so the range is removed when every ones on the actal mission or some thing
Yeah, it is a real pain in the butt when you are trying to help you buddies out, and then all of a sudden the enemy ships turn to +40 or worse and one shot the entire team. Then we all have to break the team up, re-team, re-level match each other and do the entire mission again.

I love the level match system when it does work however! The other night I brought my lower level friends to my level and we formed a full squadron playing some patrols on Elite. It was actually really a lot of fun and just hard enough, but not extremely hard whereas my friends could hold their own a little while, while I assisted them.