Lt. Commander
They only exist as Phaser type, no other type exist... yet these types have two pulsewaves listed. I'm guessing its a bug.... or was this intended for a reason?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-08-2012, 07:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy_Blade
They only exist as Phaser type, no other type exist...
Only Phasers exist as split beam rifles? Really?

http://www.stowiki.org/Tetryon_Split_Beam_Rifle

http://www.stowiki.org/Disruptor_Split_Beam_Rifle

http://www.stowiki.org/Antiproton_Split_Beam_Rifle

http://www.stowiki.org/Polaron_Split_Beam_Rifle

EDIT: Just realized that you're probably talking about MK X or MK XI purple split beam weapons with the <borg> damage bonus. Is that right?

If so, I still have a <borg> Antiproton Split Beam Mk X rifle that I earned for Emblems at Battle Group Omega back in the day, so the weapons do exist in the game somewhere....
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-08-2012, 07:56 AM
I think the OP is right, the store is messed up for all the non-phaser [Borg] weapons.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-08-2012, 08:27 AM
The OP's definitely correct. Split beams exist as other energy types but only Phaser split beams are available from the [Borg] equipment vendor on DS9.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-08-2012, 09:41 AM
... And the [Borg] Bat'leth.
That is missing also...
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-08-2012, 01:29 PM
Indeed, phaser is okay for damage, but the stun is overall useless against the Borg. Plasma burns hp and Polaron drops WM, so a lot more useful on Elite STFs IMO. I personally prefer Split Beams because the seconday is a multi-target exploit attack, my main being a Ferengi gets a +10% damage with exploits. I also don't find myself remoding like crazy with like with other multi-target weapons.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-08-2012, 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Militis View Post
The OP's definitely correct. Split beams exist as other energy types but only Phaser split beams are available from the [Borg] equipment vendor on DS9.
Incorrect, the only energy type that is missing as a split beam is antiproton. The others, however, ARE mislabelled as miniguns. Look for the auto-targeting beam special attack, and you'll know you have a split beam.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-08-2012, 10:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddishWizardguy
Incorrect, the only energy type that is missing as a split beam is antiproton. The others, however, ARE mislabelled as miniguns. Look for the auto-targeting beam special attack, and you'll know you have a split beam.
Ah... will do that when next in game, thanks for the catch.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-10-2012, 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddishWizardguy
Incorrect, the only energy type that is missing as a split beam is antiproton.
Well, either you're mistaken or they changed that in one of the recent patches, because the AP Split Beam Rifle i bought on DS9 is still right there in my weaponslot...
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-13-2012, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkehund View Post
Well, either you're mistaken or they changed that in one of the recent patches, because the AP Split Beam Rifle i bought on DS9 is still right there in my weaponslot...
??

You bought an AP split beam from DS9? I too noticed this and checked every available weapon type and no, only phasers have split beam rifles available.

You sure you didn't buy that (Mk X) AP split beam from battle group omega? You can get them there, but I don't want it because it costs dilithium and is only Mk X.