Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 STF Elite drops
02-08-2012, 10:52 AM
I started doing elite STF's early January and I was getting at least a prototype salvage chip every 2-3 runs not including optional objective loot. Also I got 3 Prototype Shield tech from Infected (I only ran infected at first) and 2 rare shield tech.
Ever since the new patch that apparently increased the drop rate all the prototype drops have dried up, I have ran Infected 16 times and KA about the same and all I have to show for it is one Prototype chip and that's just from Optional Objective loot. I keep getting either 4 EDC's or 2 EDC's and 2 Rare (though I have only got 12 rare chips so far) and just a ton of rubbish engines, deflectors, and shields at XI or even X and all suck.
I keep telling myself "this time I will get something good I can feel it" but then I get 2 EDC's and a MkX green deflector, what gives I can get that stuff on normal at 3 times the speed.

Cryptic need to look over that last patch because something broke, it took me 4 days to get 6 MkXII phaser banks before the patch , I have now switched to disruptors at MkXI and It's taken me 1 week to get just 2 MKXII and one of those was actually from before the patch.

Elite STF's are becoming boring as I can't get anything usable, I know 32 total runs isnt a huge amount and some people have done over 100 runs and are in the same position, it sucks, if the MkXII stuff was really stupidly good I'd understand but it's really not.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
02-08-2012, 08:52 PM
I agree, I got a prototype armor tech before the patch: Haven't got a prototype/rare tech since, and only one common tech, this is ridiculous.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
02-09-2012, 02:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horatio_Fenix
I started doing elite STF's early January and I was getting at least a prototype salvage chip every 2-3 runs not including optional objective loot. Also I got 3 Prototype Shield tech from Infected (I only ran infected at first) and 2 rare shield tech.
Yeah nice.. now i know where all the drops have gone... I have run 100+ elites pre patch and got a whoping 2 prototyp drops... with the new patch at least the drop a bit more often... (counitng 5 now with only 20 more runs)

Seems you just complain that you don't get stuff thrown at you anymore...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
02-09-2012, 06:57 AM
Over the past two days I have had 2x Prototype Borg Salvage and 1x Prototype Armour Tech. Before they changed the drop rates, I saw these things drop extemely rarely.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
02-09-2012, 09:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornet331 View Post
Yeah nice.. now i know where all the drops have gone... I have run 100+ elites pre patch and got a whoping 2 prototyp drops... with the new patch at least the drop a bit more often... (counitng 5 now with only 20 more runs)

Seems you just complain that you don't get stuff thrown at you anymore...
Don't be so bitter mate "Yeah nice.. now i know where all the drops have gone" they don't have a set amount of these drops per day it's on a percentage run, infinite amounts of them but it calculates at the end or during the match what you get, so like a MkXIII proto drop is 0.001% chance of being awarded. 2x EDC is 100%.
It seems every player has their own experience with these drops after reading some other topics on a similar subject and talking with some people when running STF's some people seem to be doing fine with drops and getting plenty even more than they were before the patch and yet some have the opposite where they have ran hundreds and got only 1 prototype tech drop. It's certainly odd and I would love to see if it is a system that's player specific or universal.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
02-09-2012, 09:50 AM
1 do you have all three medals
2 do you have time accolades hmm
3 do you have both Omega and MACO mark 11 accolades yet hmm

you need those
I have all those my drops are great now I am getting 12 uprades I have upgraded all fore weapons to 12 3 dual antiproton quantum torpeadoes
and onme key aft tric device Mark 12

so take a number and step in line you get yours after I get mine bud

I have been waiting a heck of alot longer than you
I have run close to 500 STF's on holodeck and 600 on tribble and I have only gotten 2 shield tech

they have just start releasing them

I am working on 100 accolade still the only reason I have not gotten deflector Mark 12 yet

you can get 11 in normal
P.S. you also need 11 set gear before you get drop
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
02-09-2012, 09:54 AM
Just be happy you have gotten prototype shield drops... I have only done elites for... 4 weeks, and I have only gotten the tech drops.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
02-09-2012, 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean2448
P.S. you also need 11 set gear before you get drop
Did I understand that right? You claim you need all mark 11 gear before you get the mark 12 tech drops?

Well, if I did understand correctly, then you are wrong.

On my KDF I have the mark 12 Omega Force armour, the mark 11 Omega Force shield for my ship, and 2 pieces of mark 10 Honour Guard gear for my ship.

I don't have full sets of anything (except Borg, but I don't think that counts), and I still get tech drops.

PS. What is a dual antiproton quantum torpedo? Whatever it is, I want one. They sound cool
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
02-09-2012, 10:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean2448
1 do you have all three medals
2 do you have time accolades hmm
3 do you have both Omega and MACO mark 11 accolades yet hmm

you need those
I have all those my drops are great now I am getting 12 uprades I have upgraded all fore weapons to 12 3 dual antiproton quantum torpeadoes
and onme key aft tric device Mark 12

so take a number and step in line you get yours after I get mine bud

I have been waiting a heck of alot longer than you
I have run close to 500 STF's on holodeck and 600 on tribble and I have only gotten 2 shield tech

they have just start releasing them

I am working on 100 accolade still the only reason I have not gotten deflector Mark 12 yet

you can get 11 in normal
P.S. you also need 11 set gear before you get drop

What's having the MK11 drops got to do with anything, I got a Mk12 shield tech as my first ever tech drop. And also christ will don't get so offended sean I am sooooo sorry I haven't ran 200+ STF elites but I did say that I had not ran that many but I was pointing out despite that the drop rate for me had declined.

Anyway I have the full MK11 sets now it's hardly difficult to get them you can even get them just by grinding normal STF's and I don't think the accolades depict your drop rates as before I was getting lots and now not a lot, I also didnt have any of the STF accolades except the first one you get for doing any run, now I have 2 or 3 and get bugger all .
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
02-09-2012, 11:55 AM
STF Elite events shouldn't drop anything but EDCs, Salvage, and Tech. Period. I'm sick to death of getting useless green and blue Mark X items that are worthless to me. I play for Borg Tech, and I know I'm not the only one that feels this way.

If you're willing to slug your way through the hour plus it takes to do Infected, Cure, or Khitomer Accords on Elite then you should be rewarded with more than just an extra EDC.

Moreover, let's put some restrictions on STF Elite events. Ten runs on each map before you gain access to the Elite versions. Thirty runs gives you enough EDCs to have AT LEAST a full Borg set, plus a few weapons, not including salvage drops. By then, you're ready to hit Elite.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:04 AM.