Lt. Commander
# 1 Server Not Responding
02-08-2012, 11:09 AM
Hello all i am having some problems with the game recently. When i have been in the game after about 30 minutes of playing it will come up with "Server Not Responding" at the top of the screen in red text with a timer on the side of it.

I usually wait for a few seconds and then it goes but recently it has been going up to 5 minutes so i tend to log out and back in but now that is not doing anything to help my problem.

I have installed the game on my external hard drive so i dont know if that is the problem but i have now moved it from the external hard drive onto my computers C drive and i am waiting for it now to patch up to the latest version which might take a while.

I have contacted the GM's about this problem and they have just told me to send some more infomation to them which i have done and typically of them they have not really helped in any way.

I was wondering if anyone else on this game has had this problem and if so how did you resolve it. I have hered many people saying to change the proxy to EU where i am from but when i do that i can no longer log into the game and when i change the proxy back to None it lets me log in.

Thank you for taking the time to read this post and rant is now over lol
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-08-2012, 12:36 PM
I'm having the same problem myself, mate. Currently preforming the full patch in the hopes that it will help.
With the frequency that I've been seeing these threads pop up, I'm hoping that a sticky acknowledging the problem and clearly detailing what steps we should be taking is in the works.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-08-2012, 12:50 PM
its not gonna help, they have crappy servers and they dont care about fixing them, get ust to being annoyed every half hour or stop playing....dont buy cstore to show cryptic whose boss.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-08-2012, 01:00 PM
Same issue with me. It's not a problem on the player end. It's a STO problem and given the fact that myself and dozens of others have been screaming about this issue for over a week (probably longer...I just came back to the game a week ago) with ZERO responses from the Dev Team I can only assume that they are unable or unwilling to solve the problem. Apparently the Dev Team seems to think that by ignoring us; the problem will become fixed!

Yea it will get fixed...everyone will quit playing this broken game and play a game that works instead.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-09-2012, 12:23 PM
Indeed, I've seen you guys and a few others around in the multiple threads about this issue. I'm glad to see others having the problem are being vocal about this, but guys, you've got to realize what your saying isn't helping the situation much.

Now don't get me wrong, I've had few dealings with Cryptic before and have no favor for or against them, I'm really not posting to defend or offend anyone.

But the thing is, much of what you're saying is correct, this company is big enough that they don't really have to worry about us. Should one or two hundred people threaten to quit it's not really a large enough group that they will devote any resources, other then what they have, to try and stop them from leaving.

I'm plenty frustrated mates, I've tried every possible solution I have come across here and still nothing. I was about ready to flip a table last night, but if we anger them we are going to have a far smaller chance to resolving this issue then we will if we don't.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-09-2012, 12:25 PM
Yep still the same problem with me, can play other games fine and surf the web - when I ping the STO game server IP's I always get connection drops/a very high response time.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-09-2012, 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fablewin View Post
Yep still the same problem with me, can play other games fine and surf the web - when I ping the STO game server IP's I always get connection drops/a very high response time.
That really makes me wonder what kind of security Cryptic is running...
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-09-2012, 03:21 PM
Crazily enough I'm almost jealous of all y'all.

I haven't been able to get into the game for a week. Once I pick a character and hit "Play" the thing just chews for about 10 minutes and then declares the server won't respond.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-09-2012, 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorgon_Heap View Post
Crazily enough I'm almost jealous of all y'all.

I haven't been able to get into the game for a week. Once I pick a character and hit "Play" the thing just chews for about 10 minutes and then declares the server won't respond.
You might want to consider deleting the data in the prefetch and temp directories in the Cryptic folder. Seems some folks who've done that claim it's worked as there was a damaged file in there preventing you from gaining entrance. Just a thought.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-09-2012, 03:51 PM
Capital suggestions.

What do they mean?