Lt. Commander
# 1 Foundry down?
02-08-2012, 11:11 AM

Maybe I missed something, but I can't create characters for the foundry for some reason. I just purchased 2

slots and I have 2 character slots so I'm not sure what's going on. Any ideas?

Edit: I found out that if I try to customize anything on the character, it says "Character Creation Failed" but if I leave it alone, it lets me in.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-08-2012, 01:39 PM
Once you start a Foundry Character, the only way to customize it, is to create a project starting at ESD. Run the Project, and you will be able to 'play' the character as normal in a closed instance. You can run all the normal missions, visit the tailor etc. from INSIDE the foundry.

Your foundry character is totally separate from your normal characters and can only be used / played / leveled in a foundry mission you create and alone in the universe (basically single player).

Cheers
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-08-2012, 02:08 PM
foundry characters are not meant to be 'played' characters and as such arent really in need of 'prettying' its also why you cant set up their special abilities either
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-08-2012, 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by castmodean View Post
foundry characters are not meant to be 'played' characters and as such arent really in need of 'prettying' its also why you cant set up their special abilities either
My foundry character is a Commander (Soon to be Captain) and has a full BO team all equipped.

Playing the Foundry is EXACTLY like the real game but no one else is around. You can still do quests, buy gear,'pretty up' at the tailor, train yourself and your BO's. I haven't noticed if it has DO's

Cheers