Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 151
02-09-2012, 08:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebeyer View Post
Depending on your point of view. We still only have one "complete" faction - even Cryptic admits as much. Without knowing anything about development I would say that if it was easy to create other factions it would have happened a long time ago.
EB
What the Klingons need is missions. And they have not been focusing on that but i can forgive them because changing a system from Subscription to F2P you need to change the entire code base. This is a lot of work and can introduce a lot of bugs. Most of the time this comes down to 6 months of work.

But I dont want to see a Romulan Warbird in one of these boxes because I want to see that in a faction and i can wait.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 152
02-09-2012, 08:10 AM
It's not like you're losing out on anything by not taking part in this so if you don't like Cryptic making money so you can play free content then go play TORtanic.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 153
02-09-2012, 08:13 AM
Cryptic and Perfect world will continue to push this eastern method of gaming because it's successful in western markets. The problem is that success is short lived. The mentality of "C-store. C-store. C-store" being pushed forward with new playable content being limited to "one to two Featured Series a year" in this game will not see it succeed. Thats because this game, was not ready for Free-to-Play. It had the mechanics in place. But the game does not have the substance. This game simply did not, and does not, have enough playable content to sustain a long term free to play experience.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 154
02-09-2012, 08:39 AM
I guess I made my point..Just checked the C-Store and the ships I menitoned in the T-5 have now had price increases to 2000 CP. Guess the discussion on costs is mute now.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 155
02-09-2012, 08:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebeyer View Post
Depending on your point of view. We still only have one "complete" faction - even Cryptic admits as much. Without knowing anything about development I would say that if it was easy to create other factions it would have happened a long time ago.
EB
That's assuming each faction has to be full blown like the Federation. Giving how some factions are allies, it could be a sub-faction within the Federation that shares the Federation resouces (ESD, Spacedocks, etc). The Cardassians for example could have ships assigned to work along with the federation and choosing to play on their faction gives you their perspective but otherwise still uses the main Federation storyline.

Idealy I would love to see these develop into full blown factions in the end, but giving the state of the KDF, I don't see this happening. The ball has been in Cryptic's court for 2 years and they dropped it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 156
02-09-2012, 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor_Forthright View Post
Cryptic and Perfect world will continue to push this eastern method of gaming because it's successful in western markets. The problem is that success is short lived. The mentality of "C-store. C-store. C-store" being pushed forward with new playable content being limited to "one to two Featured Series a year" in this game will not see it succeed. Thats because this game, was not ready for Free-to-Play. It had the mechanics in place. But the game does not have the substance. This game simply did not, and does not, have enough playable content to sustain a long term free to play experience.
But I also think that allowing players to make their own missions will help catch the content up. Eventually it will be added in.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 157
02-09-2012, 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alecto View Post
Assuming all along that the Keldon would be T5; what does this all mean for the potential future Cardassian faction?
Don't kid yourself. There won't be any.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 158
02-09-2012, 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nador_Ekoor View Post
But I also think that allowing players to make their own missions will help catch the content up. Eventually it will be added in.
That argument would only be viable if it were possible to level via foundry content, as it stands that isn't possible. No rewards are given for completing single foundry missions, be them skill points, monetary rewards of EC/Dilithium/GPL, Boff Points, CXP, or items. The only way to gain any sort of reward off the foundry system is via a daily that rewards very little if you spend your time doing story based missions, and far too much if you spend your time clicking the console in front of Earth Space Dock's transporter room. That being said, player created content is in no way a substitute for developer made playable content. The foundry was not, is not, and should never be a license for Cryptic to be lax on content development.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 159
02-09-2012, 10:01 AM
Meh, another cruiser. I love cruisers. But meh.

Considering what I've seen in game I was thinking this was more a science - based ship like the RSV or DSSV

I was thinking

Comm Sci
Lt Com Tac
Lt Eng
Lt Uni
Ens Eng
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 160
02-09-2012, 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormandus
The boxes "you dont know what is inside you pay to know" is not considered gamblin?
No, because you're guaranteed to get something. The average value of the Red Box was 109 CP, and it only cost 100 CP. This box will probably be the same. The Player, in one sense or another, made money for each Red Box bought.
Quote:
All content in the game has to be allowed by CBS?
You seem to be unfamiliar with licensing.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:22 PM.