Lt. Commander
# 31
02-08-2012, 01:45 PM
What really offends me is how Cryptic keep wasting rescources on things less than 1% of the entire games population will ever enjoy.

In fact I would be perfectly fine with these ships if they had identical stats to some existing ships, and did not give anyone who had one an unfair advantage.
An advantage that 99% of everyone playing the game, can never hope to get.
Lt. Commander
# 32
02-08-2012, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amosov
Another way to get them into the players hands would be to create a schedule that enables Cryptic to release new factions, or have those factions join either the Federation or the Klingon Empire.

Patience is a virtue after all.
I think we will eventually see all factions in the game, so im sure everybody will get their bug ships and galors and what ever else comes at some point but i would not expect it for 3+ years.
Lt. Commander
# 33
So Damar just had these ships lying around, waiting to be sent to the Federation and KDF...

Maybe this is why his rebellion fell so easily. No ships to defend his bases, they were just tucked away somewhere. Way to go man.
Lt. Commander
# 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Direphoenix View Post
CBS will not approve any ships that they want to be extremely rare to be able to be just "bought" by anyone, for any price. They don't want hundreds of Fed (or KDF) players flying around with ships that don't make sense for them to be flying.
this debate can be argued over until the tribbles come home, but I seriously doubt this trend in behavior of "special guest star vessels" will change unless people don't buy magical keys... and people will want the magical keys because they either like that galor, or they want an edge in PvP...

I look at the galor and asked myself would I buy the master keys if there was a chance for a romulan bird of prey, or a D'kora marauder or a Tier 5 D7... Cryptic knows we like ships, and cryptic knows we have our personal favorites, they also know we have money.. we don't give them money, then maybe an arrangement can be made.

never pay more for an acquisition then what you have to. or something like that.
Lt. Commander
# 35
I've never been a fan of the Cardassian ship designs, but hot DAMN if you didn't just create a cruiser with my dream boff layout and a higher turn rate than the Excelsior.

What I wouldn’t give for a Sovereign Refit with that boff layout.

EDIT: If said Refit came in a grab bag I would rage forever. Just saying before someone gets any ideas.
Lt. Commander
# 36
02-08-2012, 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkthunder View Post
That's a poor excuse, if I ever heard one...

The game purposely takes place some 30 years post-Nemesis. Cryptic has used this excuse, to justify things like everyone using whatever uniform style they personally prefer, to justify using outdated ship designs (NX replica, D'kyr replica etc). Why in god's name, can't they use the SAME excuse to justify people flying ships that would otherwise not have been used 30 YEARS AGO?!?!

Maybe the Cardassians joined the Federation? Or maybe the union split in two, with one half joining the Federation, the other joining the Klingon Empire? The more peaceful Cardassians would opt to join the Federation, while the more militaristic Cardassians would opt to join the Klingons.

TL;DR: Just because Feds/Klingons wouldn't be flying Cardassian ships in 2378, doesn't mean they wouldn't in 2409.
Cardassians join the Federation; the Romulans join the Klingon Empire. Sounds a fair split to me. And offers each side an incentive to play a character on the other. Remans could be a split faction with half going each way.
Lt. Commander
# 37
02-08-2012, 01:48 PM
I was expecting worse. Cryptic's managed to disappoint in the right direction... I'm confused now.
Lt. Commander
# 38
02-08-2012, 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
so why in your opinion is having no option at all better than having a choice?

if you dont want to buy the box then you are in no worse a position than if they never did it at all. you have no galor now, and you will have no galor going forward. your situation does not change, but at least this way people who are happy to try and buy them get the chance.
I'm spending basically all my time in this game in pvp matches. The galor's BO seatings make it one of the best cruisers in the game (only held back by the hull, the BOs are pretty much perfect).

If I cannot get that ship (and there is no way I can reliably get it), but others can, it puts me at a disadvantage and thus ultimately reduces my enjoyment of the game.

If this ship was T4 (or lower) or just a costume or inferior to regular ships, I wouldn't have a problem with it.

And I can understand that from a singleplayer pve perspective, there is no real problem (unless maybe someone is a hardcore cardassian roleplayer). But as a pvp player the fact that others will have access to superior ships/gear that I cannot get - no matter how much skill and effort I put into this game - has an impact on my gameplay.
Lt. Commander
# 39
02-08-2012, 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amosov
Cardassians join the Federation; the Romulans join the Klingon Empire. Sounds a fair split to me. And offers each side an incentive to play a character on the other. Remans could be a split faction with half going each way.
This... 1000 times this... why not?! Klingons already do a good job of implementing other star navies. maybe like Romulans team with KDF, Remans join Starfleet, so on and so forth. fuggin' GENIUS! you win an internets good sir.
Lt. Commander
# 40
02-08-2012, 01:55 PM
Is this weaker than the bug ship? Does it require a lower level rank to fly than the bug ship? If so, do either of those make sense since canon is so important?