Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
02-08-2012, 06:53 PM
Sean, if they are kicking you then yes, thats messed up. I have NEVER seen this happen in all of my stf runs.
What I have seen is in KASE, sometimes when a gate gets blown up, the team is broken up. When this BUG happens, Klingon & Fed players CANNOT team back up together.
this bug is one of the reasons i seldom pug this stf, as the 2nd time i ran it, I was the only Klingon, the team reformed, & I couldn't get back in the team.
AFAIK, there is no team leader in an STF, so no one CAN kick anyone from the team.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-08-2012, 07:06 PM
Trust me this is not a kick from team, this is a game bug. Normally, Federation and Klingon players cannot make a team together. However Cryptic has let us all queue up for the STFs and allowed the Federation and the Klingon Defense Force to play on the same team. Sometimes during the STFs, because of this bug, the teams are broken up (it has happened to me in KA and The Cure with both my federation VA and my klingon LG).

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean2448
they are kick you then shut off team invite means individual did it so not a bug
they are bypassing need or geed to pick up option for themselves that is wrong Gozer fix it It is a team mission everyone needs to vote on loot get over that fact
It is not done by any of the players. After the team is disbanded, only Fed players can join a fed team and only KDF players can join a KDF team. That is because they are the original rules of the game, so since the team was disbanded, the original rules now apply.

We all have to live with it Sean. If you haven't already, please report it as the bug it is just like everyone else has done and hopefully soon Cryptic will fix it.

Have fun out there and please don't let game bugs make you think that people are cheating.

EDIT: What AmIdoinitright has said above is the truth
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-08-2012, 07:12 PM
1. they're not "refusing to join". they can't join, as others have said.

2. Your loot is completely unaffected by this. Everyone still gets his own loot, even when the team auto-disbands. (or at least, I got mine the couple times it happened).
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-09-2012, 05:50 AM
If the OP whines this much during game, I would boot him too!

I know, it's a bug, I just wanted to put in my .02
Lt. Commander
# 15 Ummmmm
02-09-2012, 06:02 AM
(looks up from picking my nose)

Ummmmmm....what? Oh yea that...hey OP.....trust me....it's nothing personal.....IT IS a BUG....a rather ugly ninja bug......with 6 legs......and a appetite for your loot....JK about that last part.....but it is a bug...not intentional.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-09-2012, 06:14 AM
Guys, don't try explaining. Same guy made four threads about how 10 Pacific is supposed to be 12 Eastern last week when the event didn't start when he thought it should.

He's had this explained to him on the forums and in game, he's willfully clinging to his belief when all rational proof is against him. He has a brilliant future in politics.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-09-2012, 06:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean2448
right before end the kdf trash kick you from team them block you from reinviting them
I just did Khitomer elite with to KDF did this but the other FED players rejoined
they are bypassing need or greed with optional reward

so if they get it they get all of it and the team get screwed
stop this from going on
I gather from this post that the STF team broke apart (this is a bug, has been confirmed as such by the developers). It had 2 Klingons, 2 Feds and yourself. I assume you were on a Fed because you were able to reinvite in the Feds to team.

Now this bit is important, so read it and attempt to comprehend it instead of ignoring it and starting a "Kickteam loot ninja take 3" thread tomorrow. Here's what happens:

1 - You start an STF and the game automatically removes the players from their existing team, if they're in one, and creates a new team of all the players in the STF regardless of faction.

2 - There is no way for players to create a cross-faction (Fed & Klingon) team. It has to be done automatically by the game at the start of an STF.

3 - Because of a bug, the team breaks apart, usually about 15-20 minutes into the STF, which tends to coincide with the optional being completed or the players being in the boss room, depending on the STF in question and the quality of the team. The developers have said this is a bug and are working on it.

4 - Because there's no way for players to create a cross-faction team, a Klingon cannot accept a team invite from a Fed player. Likewise a Fed can't accept one from a Klingon. It'll either be automatically rejected or tell you that you can't invite this player to team.

5 - Therefore, what usually happens is all the Feds create a new team for themselves for the rest of the STF and if there's more than 1 Klingon (there often isn't), they'll create their own team for the rest of the STF.

That's why you only have this problem with KDF players, Sean. They're not able to accept a team invite from you. The game does not let them. And you can't accept one from them. I really can't explain this better without the use of diagrams.

If the Klingons you're playing with aren't telling you this in game when it happens, it's either because people just don't talk to each other in PuG STFs, or becasue of your attitude, if your posts on the forums are anything to go by.

Or maybe they have explained it to you and you've just ignored it.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-09-2012, 06:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amidoinitright View Post
Edit,
Oh, NM, i just got the KDF memo that says we are to do this whenever you're in the match.
Disregard everything i wrote before.
Rofl...

Sean, this is a bug, and I don't know how many times you have been told this.

KDF CANNOT rejoin a group afterwards if Fed are inviting them. Why? Because cross-faction grouping does not exist outside of the STF autogroup feature.

EVERY time I have seen this bug, I have been able to reinvite Federation members if I am playing one of my Fed characters, and I've been able to reinvite KDF characters when I've been on as KDF.

I HAVE NEVER BEEN ABLE TO CROSS-FACTION INVITE.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-09-2012, 07:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amidoinitright View Post
Oh, NM, i just got the KDF memo that says we are to do this whenever you're in the match.
Disregard everything i wrote before.
Yeah... okay... one of those memos. Sorry. Sean...

lol....
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-09-2012, 07:23 AM
Lol, nicely adopted Cleto