Lt. Commander
I'm not sure how to explain it, but I've had this happen a few times and it's only happened whenever I've got STO open.

There have been times where I've gone idle in the game and then it'll just log me out, but lately it's been, for whatever reason, shutting my computer down [though not turning it off].

The screen will go black [similar to a screen saver], but no amount of button pressing will bring it back.

I'm not sure why this is happening, particularly since it's a very recent thing...although it's definitely confusing.

Does anyone know why this could be happening?

Thanks for any and all help provided!
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-08-2012, 07:14 PM
Sounds like a Power Savings setting in windows... but you said it only happens when STO is running.. Does it happen if you leave other games idle? or just STO?
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-08-2012, 07:30 PM
That's the only game I've tried it with, unfortunately, so I've got no other games to test it against.

You mentioned that it might've been a Power Savings setting for Windows. I've currently got it set to "High Performance" which maxes out the performance, but gives me low battery life.

Do you think I should change the option to "Balanced" which gives me equal for both?

Thanks so much for the advice!
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-08-2012, 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOSLover
That's the only game I've tried it with, unfortunately, so I've got no other games to test it against.

You mentioned that it might've been a Power Savings setting for Windows. I've currently got it set to "High Performance" which maxes out the performance, but gives me low battery life.

Do you think I should change the option to "Balanced" which gives me equal for both?

Thanks so much for the advice!

Not sure exactly... But if you have it hooked up to a power outlet "High Performance" should be ok, however on Battery the system will consume power rapidly and then go into "Savings Mode" (Basically save the current system status to the HD, and then turn itself off). I have had situations like that when using my Laptop.. it goes into Suspend/Shutdown (almost but not quite off).. no keyboard or mouse buttons help.. However, a quick "tap" on the power button would "wake" the system up again.

-Cheers
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-08-2012, 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamma. View Post
Not sure exactly... But if you have it hooked up to a power outlet "High Performance" should be ok, however on Battery the system will consume power rapidly and then go into "Savings Mode" (Basically save the current system status to the HD, and then turn itself off). I have had situations like that when using my Laptop.. it goes into Suspend/Shutdown (almost but not quite off).. no keyboard or mouse buttons help.. However, a quick "tap" on the power button would "wake" the system up again.

-Cheers
Thanks for the advice! I've just been pressing the power button [totally shutting it down]; I never thought to just tap it.

Assuming there is one [hopefully there won't be], I'll have to try that next time!