Lt. Commander
# 1 Flagship intros
02-03-2012, 11:50 AM
After doing the shakedown crusies of the new flagships I was disappointed with only one part of both missions: the flyby cinematics. Specifically the music. I was hopeing for something epic like the Enterprise reveal in the first trek movie. Instead we get boring stock music that we've heard many times now.

Now, I can understand that there may be copyrght issues, but Cryptic could have generated their own score to give these ships the epic intro they diserve.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-03-2012, 11:54 AM
Do you want them to spend money making new music for a 30 second cutscene or do you want them to use the money to make more missions for the game? They can cut out all the music from the game if that means they can add even 2 new dailies to the game this year, imo.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-03-2012, 12:25 PM
STF65, you do make a good point. But if Cryptic did make custom music for the flagship unveils, that same piece of music can be used when a player gets a new ship when they level up. I believe that seeing a newly aquired ship go through a similar reveal would give this game even more of a trek feeling.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-03-2012, 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptFrederic View Post
STF65, you do make a good point. But if Cryptic did make custom music for the flagship unveils, that same piece of music can be used when a player gets a new ship when they level up. I believe that seeing a newly aquired ship go through a similar reveal would give this game even more of a trek feeling.
that would be amazing
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-08-2012, 06:21 PM
Over the weekend, I decided to add some music to properly inroduce the Odyssey class. Other than the extra stuff I've added at the start, I feel this is how the ship should have been unvealed in game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTset...ature=youtu.be
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-08-2012, 06:30 PM
I think the title screen music could've suited the shakedown pretty well. It's nothing exceptional in itself, but the tune is pretty Trek and upbeat enough not to be as dreary as the in_a_generic_space_mission one they used.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-08-2012, 07:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by STF65
Do you want them to spend money making new music for a 30 second cutscene or do you want them to use the money to make more missions for the game? They can cut out all the music from the game if that means they can add even 2 new dailies to the game this year, imo.
this would be a valid argument if they actually made content for the game... its been about a year now since new missions?

it wouldnt have been that much to get some music or even do their own inhouse. anything except the silence i heard when i got mine. such a promising situation only to end in massive fail.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-09-2012, 08:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptFrederic View Post
After doing the shakedown crusies of the new flagships I was disappointed with only one part of both missions: the flyby cinematics. Specifically the music. I was hopeing for something epic like the Enterprise reveal in the first trek movie. Instead we get boring stock music that we've heard many times now.

Now, I can understand that there may be copyrght issues, but Cryptic could have generated their own score to give these ships the epic intro they diserve.
yes i agree compleatly they did this dramatic fly by which was great and it was ruined by the slack music