Career Officer
Hi STO,

I was wondering why, when its mostly still and not in motion or animated, that the UI actually shaves upto 30fps off my performance?

I used the /showgameui 0 command to remove it and with my FPS limited to 60, it was constantly hitting 59.99fps.

Why does the UI do this? I mean i go into the reputation window and it drops to 10 fps? WHY?

I have had noticable frame rate drops in game, but thats because of to many entities and effects going off for the game to handle, so it stalls, but I have never had the FPS drop because of the UI....

Any Ideas?

Thanks
Commander
# 2
01-15-2015, 08:30 PM
Long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long time bug.

Since launch.

This 'bug' affects all three of Cryptic's games made under the Cryptic Engine. Basically it's a horrid design flaw if you will - any and all text in any of their games catastrophically eats FPS for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

There's not a single thing you can do to help it, either, other than just live with it.
"Let's make our DOff UI bigger, clumsier to use, impossible to sort, AND have it show less information in a useable method than we did before!" - Cryptic with STO's 9.5 'crafting upgrade'.

What were you thinking, Cryptic? Seriously. I want to know.
Captain
# 3
01-15-2015, 09:39 PM
It's a darn shame too. I thought my $2400 laptop was choking, it's just the god $%#@ UI. I did notice when I hit ESC (removing most of the UI) in game everything goes fast (even with 60 ships on the screen).

Quote:
There's not a single thing you can do to help it, either, other than just live with it.
I can play Crysis on Ultra setting, but STO struggles from the UI? Ha! Pathetic! I'm sure they can fix it, but more frame rate don't equal morel money-- so it will stay broke.
Career Officer
# 4
01-16-2015, 12:47 PM
Thanks for the replies, Stupid idea, I hope STO/PW/C See this as a potential threat to their game.