Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Graphical and Sound Issues
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
02-11-2012, 01:33 PM
I have the exact same issue, sounds like the re-verb is way to high in the stations ambient. I would equate this sound to having your head in a Tesla coil, this has been going on for quite a long time now and needs to be fixed. Just to see how badly this was effecting my speakers I popped one the grills off and the speaker is vibrating like mad! This has the potential of damaging my equipment. Cryptic needs to address/fix this issue. This sound problem only seems to be present in the outer ring area / promenade of DS9.

I am using creative 7.1 surround speakers
Realtek Alc888 sound board with driver version 6.0.1.6526
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-11-2012, 07:13 PM
Its been 9 days since the issue started and still no response to my ticket and no fix at all. Does this Japanese company even care? Perhaps if someone has a seizure or is made very ill as a result and they are sued they will respond. I already had another bout of vertigo today thanks to the sound (as I am one of those people sensitive to these things) and my patience is rapidly wearing thin.

Edit: *Chinese company. That explains a lot. *insert witty comment about chinese food here*
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-11-2012, 08:35 PM
i am sure the japanese company does not care. mainly because its a chinese company.

if you are so severely affected, so why do you keep playing? seriously, a game shall serve as entertainment, if you dont enjoy it, dont play it, and if it makes you sick, stay the hell away from it. there are people who cant ride rollercoasters, you dont see them running around and suing every single rollercoaster business for compensation, neither do people sue car makers because they get motion sickness.

i have been a regular visitor to DS9 and all i noticed is some slight humming sounds disrupting the normal sound effect now and then, not sure if related to traversing different areas with different background sound, or just some minor sound bug. definitely no serious sound issues here.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-11-2012, 08:40 PM
yes anoying big time after last 2 patches I did a ticket
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-12-2012, 02:02 AM
if you have not got 7.1 sound system then it will not effect you..

and yes I do have the same issue with the sound , however I don't suffer this that badly as you make out I simply turn off the sound while I'm in there by pressing the mute button on my keyboard this stops the sound and I don't have to stop playing however it would be nice to have the sound...

and yes I have put in a ticket as a matter of fact I have put a couple of tickets in..

but if this is the only thing that is bothering me than I guess thats pretty good..
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-12-2012, 04:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by defendra
I have the exact same issue, sounds like the re-verb is way to high in the stations ambient. I would equate this sound to having your head in a Tesla coil, this has been going on for quite a long time now and needs to be fixed. Just to see how badly this was effecting my speakers I popped one the grills off and the speaker is vibrating like mad! This has the potential of damaging my equipment. Cryptic needs to address/fix this issue. This sound problem only seems to be present in the outer ring area / promenade of DS9.

I am using creative 7.1 surround speakers
Realtek Alc888 sound board with driver version 6.0.1.6526
Same speaker setup.And terrible noise.Really made my feature episode mission not enjoyable.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-12-2012, 05:54 AM
I have a RAZER Megalodon headset. I'll try switching it to 2.0 mode while I'm on DS9 and see if that helps. Thanks for the tip. Still, it needs to be fixed.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-12-2012, 08:52 AM
I'm glad it isn't just me. I thought for minute my headphones were going bad.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-12-2012, 09:05 AM
Only seems to happen on PC-centric surround setups - i.e. computer speakers, gaming headsets. Have my PC hooked up via optical to a Dolby Digital 7.1 receiver and the audio glitches don't exist. STOs audio code leaves a lot to be desired.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-12-2012, 09:57 AM
I am using a Sony DR-GA500 Headset and same sound issue on DS9.