Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Graphical and Sound Issues
Login

Lt. Commander
# 61
02-22-2012, 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Orig_Jean_Luc_Picard
Only from the side channels? Interesting since my headset is a virtual 7.1 I can't really single out a specific channel since its essencially is one speaker for each side. I am going to have do some playing around with settings.
Yup yup, I read in another thred that someone dropped their settings to 6.1 and the buzzing sound was gone. I have yet to try this.
Lt. Commander
# 62
02-22-2012, 06:15 PM
ok i just tested this by going ingot control pannel/ sound and dumbing down my capabilities to 5.1 and the buzzing is in fact gone. This i guess will have to due until Cryptic get on the ball and fixes their mistake.
Lt. Commander
# 63
02-22-2012, 06:39 PM
I seem to have the problem on DS9 as well, however it has now spread to Bajor, I did some experimenting and it seems it only occurs when playing the game with my Logitech G35 headset, perhaps the drivers for the headset don't agree with the game?
Lt. Commander
# 64
02-23-2012, 07:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beaverofbattle
I seem to have the problem on DS9 as well, however it has now spread to Bajor, I did some experimenting and it seems it only occurs when playing the game with my Logitech G35 headset, perhaps the drivers for the headset don't agree with the game?
It's a problem with more than the g35. It happening on devices that mainly use 7.1 and since the g35 is 7.1 is why you are experiencing the sound bug.
Lt. Commander
# 65 The DS9 issue moved to Bajor
02-24-2012, 06:44 PM
I use onboard 7.1 sound card Realtek ALC888 chipset, driver version 6.0.1.6526 through Creative Inspire P7800 90 Watts 7.1 Speaker system.

On Bajor as soon as I get to the admirals office near the big tree the, horrid buzzing (head stuck in a Tesla coil ) sound starts. This sound stays until you exit out of the game completely to the desktop. The only way so far around this issue is for me to drop my speaker config though windows/control pannel/sounds to 5.1.
This is 2 for 2 now. Lets see if we can make it 3 for 3 with the next part of the FE. How something as fundamental to a game as sound goes unchecked and unfixed just boggles me. It really calls into question the professionalism of who ever is in charge.
Lt. Commander
# 66
02-25-2012, 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by defendra
I use onboard 7.1 sound card Realtek ALC888 chipset, driver version 6.0.1.6526 through Creative Inspire P7800 90 Watts 7.1 Speaker system.

On Bajor as soon as I get to the admirals office near the big tree the, horrid buzzing (head stuck in a Tesla coil ) sound starts. This sound stays until you exit out of the game completely to the desktop. The only way so far around this issue is for me to drop my speaker config though windows/control pannel/sounds to 5.1.
This is 2 for 2 now. Lets see if we can make it 3 for 3 with the next part of the FE. How something as fundamental to a game as sound goes unchecked and unfixed just boggles me. It really calls into question the professionalism of who ever is in charge.
/signed

It is troubling, however they will get around to fixing it. DS9 was this way forever until they found it. This just shows its not restricted to just one type of device. Its clearly a 7.1 sound issue. Everyone I have seen with this issue has at least 7.1. Unfortunately on my G35, I have no option to drop down to 5.1 or at least none I have found. Other than that, I don't think there is anything better for sound quality unless you were to upgrade to a BOSE sound system which I plan on doing at some point when I win the lottery.
Lt. Commander
# 67
02-25-2012, 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Orig_Jean_Luc_Picard
There is already a thread started on this issue under PC and Tech Issues that a dev has responded to.
I think we are also supposed to post here since this thred has been marked DEV and post about them here
About the issue, to me it sounds that what ever script they use with regards to sound simply has one of the 7.1 channels out of whack (side right and left channels) and those have a re verb setting that is far to high. Like the feed back you get when you have a mic to close the speakers and the echo goes crazy.
Lt. Commander
# 68
02-25-2012, 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by defendra
I think we are also supposed to post here since this thred has been marked DEV and post about them here
If you look that post was specifically for DS9, not Bajor AND a dev posted there as well... JTFrost on page two from Cryptic Studios Team... But yes, this is the one we are now using for Bajor Social Zone...
Lt. Commander
What gives...I had to log out of the game and log back in, but the sound is still there...its the same annoying sound that was on the DS9 Station several weeks ago....and btw once the devs fixed the DS9 sound issue they created "dead" spots where ambient noise no longer exists.
Lt. Commander
# 70 Oddities...
03-11-2012, 10:44 PM
I've noticed that the borg cube are acting as if it was a barge on troubled water as if I should pay any tribute to religion. Also found sound problem, I first though it was someone microphone that was left unchecked during an STF in kitomer accord but it changed to something like an insect with some very strange sound.

The zone chat is sometime pretty ugly as usual and most plp look like they are dead or some AI programmed bot.