Lt. Commander
# 1 The Ferengi...
02-08-2012, 07:39 PM
are idiots. I was listening to Picard explain the "Picard Maneuver" and came to the conclusion the Ferengi are a bunch of morons. If the ship suddenly appeared in two places, I would have immediately shot at the new one.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-08-2012, 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commadore_Bob
are idiots. I was listening to Picard explain the "Picard Maneuver" and came to the conclusion the Ferengi are a bunch of morons. If the ship suddenly appeared in two places, I would have immediately shot at the new one.
True, it would have been reflexsive of any decent tactical officer.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-08-2012, 08:32 PM
Bok's plan strikes me as a comic book plot. He is alone on the bridge of the Stargazer with Picard. SHOOT HIM!!! Picard dies; end of story.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-09-2012, 01:38 AM
Quote:
what if the new one was a different ship of the same class. you would continue to fire on the old one to keep the odds even by destroying it.

what if the new one was a holographic projection of some sort? the old ship had not moved so he assumes that is the one to continue the attack on.

keeping in mind he only has a few seconds to decide and no one has ever done that maneuver before.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-09-2012, 01:44 AM
Quote:
Bok's plan strikes me as a comic book plot. He is alone on the bridge of the Stargazer with Picard. SHOOT HIM!!! Picard dies; end of story.
The point is that Bok wanted Picard to suffer... Had Picard succeded in destroying the Enterprise, he would have "snapped out of it" and realized that he not only destroyed his command, but also a ship filled with officers and civilians, and had Riker not insisted on saving Picard they would have destroyed the Stargazer...

No one could have expected the enterprise to save the day...

Bok did'n want Picard to die... he wanted revenge..
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-09-2012, 05:58 AM
Quote:
And yet, ironically it was exactly this mentality that put the Enterprise at the mercy of the Ferengi in the episode "Peak Performance."