Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
In DCUO, there's a PvP option called Legends. Now, you don't fight as yourself in this one, you fight as say Robin or above which you gain access to more characters as you excel in Legends. Now, there is an ordinary PvP in DCUO where you can go fight with your character, but that one can be very competitive based on who has the time to run raids all day and night long. However, Legends PvP tends to be more balanced because you get a character like Robin or Batman what have you, you get their armor and their powers and that's it. It allows for DCUO to balance out the powers better and for everyone to have a more even experience.

Now, why can't STO do something like this? Hell, you don't even have to add much to the game Cryptic, just give base standards to the star ships and let us choose those when we want to go into "Legends" PvP.

Just an idea. Still though, your decision about consoles is d as in dumb. So, I don't have much faith that thoughts like these will help you.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-09-2012, 11:06 AM
Yesterday Geko tweeted that they just started discussions about new PvP features. I guess they werent even discussing it before then.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-09-2012, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Yesterday Geko tweeted that they just started discussions about new PvP features. I guess they werent even discussing it before then.
If you listen to interviews you know they have been. Just started discussions as used by Geko would to me indicate they are in the process of planing the designs for new pvp additions as opposed to just what do you think of this feature or hey this is a cool idea we should consider doing.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-09-2012, 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain Brown
If you listen to interviews you know they have been. Just started discussions as used by Geko would to me indicate they are in the process of planing the designs for new pvp additions as opposed to just what do you think of this feature or hey this is a cool idea we should consider doing.
Ok then. I guess they didnt even have any plans before yesterday. Better?
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-09-2012, 11:14 AM
I'm normally not a PvPer, but I do love me some Legends matches. It was all about skill in there and not who had the best loadout or gear. I've had a few matches where I took on 2-3 players by myself and came out on top. I've also had some 1v1s where I got thoroughly trashed. I'd love to see more PvP like that. The only thing that ruined it for me was the rampant speed hacking, but that's just because SOE messed up in that area. I'm not sure how well it would work in STO, but I'm totally behind this suggestion.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-09-2012, 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Ok then. I guess they didnt even have any plans before yesterday. Better?
Bah, the only thing that got me interested into the game again was when I discovered what the Duty Officer system really was. I enjoy that and it makes my Vice Admiral feel more like an Admiral. Since I fly I Defiant style ship and can't really justify how those shuttles are going everywhere, I just make believe that I'm an Admiral that contacts his own regiment of duty officers from around the galaxy at any given moment to give them important assignments and that he handles the toughest most covert ones... personally.

*sorry, a bit of rambling there. I was just trying to point out that it would be nice if Cryptic cared enough about this game to give me more... reasons.

Oh, and I beat Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2 more than twice through to give me choices that I desire and played through Deus Ex. So, running out of games I enjoy probably brought me back to STO as well. But that'll change on the 14th.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-09-2012, 11:20 AM
[quote=dorko1;4005766]In DCUO, there's a PvP option called Legends. Now, you don't fight as yourself in this one, you fight as say Robin or above which you gain access to more characters as you excel in Legends. Now, there is an ordinary PvP in DCUO where you can go fight with your character, but that one can be very competitive based on who has the time to run raids all day and night long. However, Legends PvP tends to be more balanced because you get a character like Robin or Batman what have you, you get their armor and their powers and that's it. It allows for DCUO to balance out the powers better and for everyone to have a more even experience.
[/quotes]

YES, GODS YES!

Quote:
Now, why can't STO do something like this? Hell, you don't even have to add much to the game Cryptic, just give base standards to the star ships and let us choose those when we want to go into "Legends" PvP.
Do we still get to play as Archer, Kirk, Picard, Sisko, and/or Janeway and fly thier respective ships?
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-09-2012, 11:22 AM
[quote=Hartzilla2007;4005835]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorko1 View Post
In DCUO, there's a PvP option called Legends. Now, you don't fight as yourself in this one, you fight as say Robin or above which you gain access to more characters as you excel in Legends. Now, there is an ordinary PvP in DCUO where you can go fight with your character, but that one can be very competitive based on who has the time to run raids all day and night long. However, Legends PvP tends to be more balanced because you get a character like Robin or Batman what have you, you get their armor and their powers and that's it. It allows for DCUO to balance out the powers better and for everyone to have a more even experience.
[/quotes]

YES, GODS YES!

Do we still get to play as Archer, Kirk, Picard, Sisko, and/or Janeway and fly thier respective ships?
I was thinking about that. Maybe it could be a "Classics" mode or something like that. You can find out who was the better captain or face off against the Klingons TOS style.

maybe as rewards we could even get PVE affecting talents from it. Like maybe a "bluff" talent for Kirk. Or a Picard manuver. Or a Janeway does some bat**** crazy stuff power.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-09-2012, 11:25 AM
"Legends" pvp sounds like a great idea. Might make the game feel like "Star Trek", for a change.

Regarding the consoles, Cryptic should at least limit them to only one per ship.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-09-2012, 11:51 AM
Yes but in DCUO there isn't gear for sale with cash that is demonstrably superior to in game stuff and the best gear for doing the normal PvP is obtained by doing PvP, you can't get raid gear from PvP and vice versa.

Legends is a cool thing though.