Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
02-09-2012, 04:45 AM
I mentioned it in opvp and a good point was raised: Ruleset for what?

The only situation you can control what people bring to an extent is premade vs premade. Certainly alot of people in the queues probably aren't aware of the existance of opvp or the forums, so creating and maintaining a ruleset would be nigh on impossible
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-09-2012, 05:57 AM
Lol cryptic, well played

I've come back because this is one of the few games out there where it's not all gear-to-win. TOR had it nailed in the 10-49 bracket where everyone is more or less on equal footing in warzones.

No, a lvl 10 won't have the abilities or talent tree that a 49 would, but then again it's possible to kill a higher level through teamwork / smart play.

I came back on the wrong side of all the MACO fiasco and I'm actually having a good time in PvP again.

Now you release a nastier version of gear-to-win with the pay-to-win console scheme.

YOU GET CONSOLES, YOU'RE WINNER!

Don't get me wrong, my little BoP would have a field day if I were to buy all the consoles I can and have a blast, but your principle of pay-to-win is now blatantly showing.

Good to know you're still the same cryptic, kudos.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-09-2012, 06:25 AM
They ought to at least offset this by allowing each ship to only carry one 'special' console at a time.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-09-2012, 07:32 AM
Unfortunately we have once again only been told a part of the whole story and do not know what limitations are to be in effect.
A dev response would be nice.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-09-2012, 07:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroniusRex
We would really love balance testing on the consoles.
Going by that I dont think they have any really thought out ideas on what the limitations would be.

unless that wink means that rex knows that since its going live today that there is no real point to testing it on tribble.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-09-2012, 08:00 AM
I already unsubscribed last week. I finally decided yesterday that I would still play under F2P, but I think I'll just play maybe once a month at most now after this travesty. Gonna use my free time to finish learning Italian instead, and maybe write that novel finally...

When they're more concerned with creating more stuff for us to buy under F2P instead of fixing bugs, and continue to make simple programming errors with widespread consequences (MACO & Emitter console errors), it's time to stop wasting so much time on a game that has become more annoying than fun. I got a little over a year out of this game, that's good enough.

At least I'll have more time to lift weights again. Have barely done that since I started playing this game, and my muscle tone has suffered, mostly for my stomach.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-09-2012, 08:52 AM
DAMNIT!!! My BortaS finally was working well in Ker'rat...........
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-09-2012, 09:06 AM
The Mayans predicted this...
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-09-2012, 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
A dev response would be nice.
Hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Your call is very important to us.

I will personally equip boarding party 3 on my bop for a week if a dev answered this thread
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-09-2012, 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gx4th View Post
Hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Your call is very important to us.

I will personally equip boarding party 3 on my bop for a week if a dev answered this thread
Well, at least I got a chuckle out of you.
Frankly if STO is going pure P/F2p/win and this is the standard for such MMO formats- I will most likely hang all MMOs and say nga'chuq it and stay with console games.