Starfleet Veteran
# 1 My Little List
08-16-2013, 08:50 PM
Ahoy there, I've sort of dropped off the forums a little of late, real life getting in the way. Basically, this means I'm not as up to date on the stats of bug fixes and work arounds. I've got a little list of annoying little bug/quirks that I can't seem to fix or find a work around for, basically just wondering if anyone has any advice or ETA's on fixes?

They aren't game breaking by any means, more just quality of life stuff.

1. Can't slot Department Heads.
- This is my biggest annoyance at the moment though I have no idea why it matters to me. Basically, if I slot my department heads and change zone or instance they either unslot or grey out. Again, it's only aesthetic so I don't know why it bothers me.
2. Bridge Officers showing as ships.
- Again, aesthetic. When I bring up my status, it looks as though I've got two ships but one is named as my bridge officer, I click on it and, boom, its a bridge officer again.
3. Powerbar has a mind of it's own.
- This one is really annying, whenever I switch zones or instances the powerbar will slot powers into free slots, even if I have the bar locked.
4. Borg equipment appearance not showing on ships.
- When I change instances, my Borg gear visuals will disappear, I have to disable and enable them in the status window.
5. Unable to clear primary mission
- If I clear a primary mission, it seems to choose a random one and make it primary.
6. Ship slot limit
- This one is my fault, too many ships. It the limit still 38?

Thanks for your time. This isn't mean to be a rant or a go at the game, just curious if there are any work arounds for my current issues.
Commander
# 2
08-16-2013, 10:17 PM
1) Long time bug. Some people may not have it, but once you do, you'll have it for a long while. One day it'll just fix itself. Then it might come back again.

2) Long time bug. Same as above. I personally had 4 BOs that turned into ships until it magically went away.

3) Long time bug. Can be solved however by slotting ALL powers onto powerbars that you will never use (like 8 or 9 or whatever). Mostly this only happens with 'standard' ship powers (like Fire Third Front Beam Weapon or Fire First Rear Torpedo).

4) Not sure on this one honestly. I think I heard it mentioned before.

5) By design (more or less - you have to have a primary mission of sorts).

6) I think so (thought I read this somewhere), but I don't know for sure.
"Let's make our DOff UI bigger, clumsier to use, impossible to sort, AND have it show less information in a useable method than we did before!" - Cryptic with STO's 9.5 'crafting upgrade'.

What were you thinking, Cryptic? Seriously. I want to know.
Commander
# 3
08-16-2013, 10:52 PM
as for primary mission, would be nice if it made the next oldest mission in your list the primary, instead of however it is choosing it now.

-- Smoov
Career Officer
# 4
08-17-2013, 01:37 AM
#3 is what made me nuts in the past, now I don't care anymore.
I re-arranged my hotbar maybe a 100 times,
yesterday again I ended up in a ESTF without one BO ability.. again..
I then fought the mission with what I had.. we lost..
I don't care anymore..! Sorry

Last edited by pupibird; 08-17-2013 at 01:40 AM. Reason: spelling checked
Career Officer
# 5
08-17-2013, 02:29 AM
yeah i have 1 & 3, on 1 it grays out my bridge officers as well as department heads,,,,,,,the bridge officer 1 is the most annoying,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Commander
# 6
08-17-2013, 07:43 AM
I'm having the same issue with the power tray. I even just went into the ship selector just to see what I had in the list, without changing my active ship, come back out, and the tray is all scrambled up again.

If our tray could be saved by ship type + crew assignments, then we could switch between ships depending on what we planned to do, without a big hassle.

More of us would probably use more variety in what we're flying than what we do now.

As it is, we tend to just stick to one ship, and sit out instead of changing ships for some battles, just because it isn't worth the hassle.

-- Smoov
Career Officer
# 7
08-17-2013, 07:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoovious View Post
(...)As it is, we tend to just stick to one ship, and sit out instead of changing ships for some battles, just because it isn't worth the hassle. (...)
THIS! I sooo much would love to play my shuttles more and try a carrier to see how much fun that is, but I just CAN'T..
Commander
# 8
08-19-2013, 09:03 PM
and, just to add, in case any of the dev types are skimming through...

if you make our power trays more persistent, with being able to save/load presets for it (and maybe being able to set, device #1 thru device #4 to always be a power slot, so if I change my plasma turret platform, over to a polaron turret platform, I don't have to chase the power icon and move it back to where it belongs)

... if you give us a way to save/load those through the UI, then that takes care of a barrier that many of us have in our way, making us more likely to purchase more ships and use them. I know I would.

And, as long as we're talking about the tray, I have noticed something pop up from time to time.

Occasionally, very rarely, set #4, gets assigned to the shift key, and then later on, stops being assigned to the shift key... so I could have had 4 sets that I could directly hit without the mouse...

1 thru 0
Ctrl-1 thru Ctrl-0
Alt-1 thru Alt-0
Shift-1 thru Shift-0

It is possible I was spotting some of the weapon icons showing up with a Sh1 at some point while I was trying out different key bindings through the options menu (as I have yet to dig into how to do it via config files), but I never got around to asking about that. (and if I see it again, I'll try to grab a screenshot of it)

I can't change binds to them like I could for the first three groups, as there isn't a set for them in the options...

Has anyone else noticed this pop up from time to time, and know a little more about why it pops up, and if there is anything I can do to control it? I would like to permanently keep group #4 bound to Shift-1 thru Shift-0 if possible, and if it is, is there some way I could keep 4 groups visible in the tray instead of the current 3 I have now?

-- Smoov

Last edited by smoovious; 08-19-2013 at 09:07 PM.
Career Officer
# 9
08-19-2013, 09:29 PM
I have to admit, the UI Bugs are really getting frustrating:

Department Heads (not really a priority IMHO)

BOFFs leaving their Stations (I.E. BOFF Bar emptying when zoning).

Romulan Away Teams (My Romulans keep defaulting to Tovan, Satra, Veril, and Hivan, when I'm using different BOFFs, who are geared for Ground Teams).

Power Tray forgetting the layout (normally this happens when changing ships, but lately I'm running into this without changing ships, it's getting frustrating).

And as said above, it would be great if certain spots you designate for Devices, always stay show that item that you put in that device slot, instead of us having to mess with the power tray every time we change batteries, move hypos, or change tribbles.
NO to ARC!

Season 9.5 = STO's NGE is Here! Welcome to the Grind!
Expansion 2 - Delta Rising: Welcome to Tier 6, where everything is now obsolete. Have fun with the new Crafting!
Commander
# 10
08-19-2013, 10:55 PM
my tray scrambles just bringing up the ship selector at the shipyard, even if I don't change ships

-- Smoov