Lt. Commander
# 1 Launcher update issues
02-09-2012, 03:37 AM
So, I haven't been able to play for almost a month now due to a launcher update error: "The patchclient while it was in a state with no response function."

I run the game as an admin, have reset my wireless connection, and even tried to run it from the game client in the Cryptic folders. Has anyone else encountered this and if so, were you able to find a solution?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-09-2012, 09:49 AM
From what you've stated in your post it sounds like a botched install. Have you attempted to uninstall/reinstall? If not, when you uninstall, please make sure to delete all left over files and folders in the Cryptic folder. This should make the install a relatively "clean" install and providing that was the issue, you should now be able to log into the game w/o issue.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-09-2012, 09:50 AM
I don't quite understand the error message. Was the client unable to contact the server? If that's the case then maybe it's being blocked or restricted by anti-virus or firewall software.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-13-2012, 01:00 AM
Thanks for the replies.

I'm inclined to think that it isn't an install issue, as I've been playing this game for over 2 years now. Unless something got botched with the launcher update.

And I have my firewall disabled whenever I play any of my online games. Plus, TOR runs without any hiccups. I almost wonder if it has to do with my location (currently deployed to the middle east).
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-13-2012, 10:28 AM
Same issue. The fact you've been stuck for an entire month doesn't give me any hope.

I did get an install error when installing. Then the patcher wouldn't do anything at patch time.

So I stripped STO out of the system downloaded again and reinstalled. This time I didn't get any errors during install, but the patche still freezes.

Only info it gives is the launcher version: CL 2012 01 10 05 13
And what I am assuming is the currentpatch: 17 20120129b.22

And then it just says patching and sits forever.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-13-2012, 10:47 AM
Ok maybe found a solution.

The previous attempts to run the patcher and all the errer reports were all still running as extra processes in the background. About 8 instances in total.

I went in and killed the extra proccesses and tried again. Now the patcher is actually patching instead of just staring ta me doing nothing.

We'll see what happens when it's done.