Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
02-09-2012, 05:03 AM
yes it does have a universal slot. or you dont have an Odyssey class. Not sure what your issue is. Its a really good ship. If you think its just another Star Cruiser then your propably do need advice. Not saying your a Troll but this thead feels a little trollish at this point. I could just be mis reading you.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenel
My Odyssey doesn't have a Universal Boff slot.

And I'm not looking for advice on whether this is good for Tacticals or not. I was simply stating that for all the hullabaloo about the Odyssey class, it's a little disappointing in the fact that it's just a normal Star Cruiser from what I can see with the exception of the extra 3k Hull points.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
02-09-2012, 05:07 AM
RAAAARRRRGH! God I'm blind. I've looked at that dozens of times and my brain has automatically registered Lt Commander Engineering.

Well then, with that customizable option I guess the Odyssey is everything I hoped it would be.

Thanks for putting me straight guys.

Edit: Just looking at it again, the icon next to the slot looks just like the Engineering icon, but a little darker, guess that's what was throwing me off.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
02-09-2012, 05:14 AM
Glad you found it. I am a TAC officer and I finally have a replacement for my Assault cruiser. I am very happy with the Odyssey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenel
RAAAARRRRGH! God I'm blind. I've looked at that dozens of times and my brain has automatically registered Lt Commander Engineering.

Well then, with that customizable option I guess the Odyssey is everything I hoped it would be.

Thanks for putting me straight guys.

Edit: Just looking at it again, the icon next to the slot looks just like the Engineering icon, but a little darker, guess that's what was throwing me off.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
02-09-2012, 05:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptAhaab
Glad you found it. I am a TAC officer and I finally have a replacement for my Assault cruiser. I am very happy with the Odyssey.
Really? I mean, at the end of the day, the Assault Cruiser puts out more consistent DPS on the strength of the extra tactical console.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
02-09-2012, 05:33 AM
It's not a DPS ship for sure. I did a TAC DPS build and it sucked. So now my Eng has it and it's set up as a tank with massive healing, I use it as a support ship when training our cadets in STFs and it has saved many a life. Yesterday I took a fleet member in an escort from 2% to 100% LOL.

With full AP it can still take out anything but takes an age to do it. I love it and can't wait for the C store version. Almost enough EDCs to fit it out with OMEGA gear as I have MACO on my TAC ship so will be interesting to see what that adds to the equation.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
02-09-2012, 05:37 AM
Put an LtC Sci on it and you have massive healing capabilities.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
02-09-2012, 05:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvs5191 View Post
Put an LtC Sci on it and you have massive healing capabilities.
Yep, that's what i did and it does
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
02-09-2012, 06:17 AM
I use an extra TAC BO. I just find the 2 tac BOS with the mix of abilites I want and that dont share cool downs and it works for me. I stack purple tac consoles too. I feel like I have a good mix of damage and survivability. but hey I love the Assault Cruiser too but I like the extra TAC BO now. Enemies seem to pop faster a little faster for me now. I only use Science to heal systems and repel tractors. Engineering is dedicated to Healing hull with 1 ability to boost weapons power. I am sure my goals are different then yours.




Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
Really? I mean, at the end of the day, the Assault Cruiser puts out more consistent DPS on the strength of the extra tactical console.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
02-09-2012, 06:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenel
While she may be a thing of beauty, I have to say I was a little disappointed when I got my Odyssey. As far as I can tell, it's a standard Star Cruiser with an extra 3000 health. Is that all? With all the excitement over the ship in the last few months I was expecting something special, maybe a Lt Universal station or just something to make it different to what is already in game.

Is the 3k health the only difference or am I missing something?
It isnt a bad ship for my sci captain but too be honest it is brutal seeing 5 showing up in an stf or pvping with it
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
02-09-2012, 06:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenel
RAAAARRRRGH! God I'm blind. I've looked at that dozens of times and my brain has automatically registered Lt Commander Engineering.

Well then, with that customizable option I guess the Odyssey is everything I hoped it would be.

Thanks for putting me straight guys.

Edit: Just looking at it again, the icon next to the slot looks just like the Engineering icon, but a little darker, guess that's what was throwing me off.
It's certainly everything I hoped the Galaxy-r would be...
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:28 AM.