Lt. Commander
With these new "Lock Boxes" we are going to have to trade Dilithium for C-Points to buy the keys.....

But we are only allowed to sell these items for Energy Credits .......

We need to be able to trade Dilithium, we need to be able to sell items for Dilithium ....

Now is the time to have an exchange that will let us sell our items for Dilithium ........

I for one am tired of using my hard earned Dilithium for C-Points while I'm only able to take items purchased with those C-Points and sell them for energy credits .... I want to be able to sell items for Dilithium and I want to be able to trade Dilithium to my friends ....... In Champions you are allowed to trade resources to other players, why can't we do that in STO????

Open up an exchange that accepts Dilithium!!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-09-2012, 06:56 AM
Absolutely agreed, with so much tied to dilithium, this is very much needed.

And i'd also like to sell my ships for Dilithium, and maybe EC. I think this would be a great way to get rid of old ships and it could lead to a great market.
Basically, sell your ship the way it is and let people buy it, already customized, perhaps laden with gear.

And it essentially "passes on command" of a ship.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-09-2012, 07:03 AM
I would like to convert dil to EC. Howerver, with the curret state of affairs (read: consoles) in this game leaves me to care less about what they do.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-09-2012, 08:32 AM
This would be a good thing overall...but who knows.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-09-2012, 08:36 AM
I would love to see this implemented but I'm not sure if the devs will agree to this. Remember Dilithium = C-points

and C-points = $$$ for Cryptic
Lt. Commander
# 6 a little off topic but.......
02-09-2012, 08:38 AM
ok i know this is a little off topic but am i the only one that cant gain access to my overflow bag? i click and click away and yet what a suprise, no ites, it wont even open
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-09-2012, 08:40 AM
Your idea is interesting, but...

Did you take gold sellers into consideration?
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-09-2012, 08:53 AM
The whole Lock Box idea is lame (it's gambling, 100 CP per bet), and every C-point will very soon cost a ton of dilithium. For someone like me who just spent a ton of dilithium on C-points when it cost 180 per point, I could make out very well, IF dilithium was my goal.

Selling things for dilithium would make energy credits 100% worthless. I do not agree with that. At least right now energy credits are useful for the exchange. I wouldn't mind if dilithium could be bought and sold on the exchange though, but the exchange makes it hard to buy and sell in mass quantities (compared to WoW's auction system).
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-09-2012, 08:56 AM
It seems to me that since you can earn D in game and then sell it for CP, therefore getting CP for free, that they should provide an outlet for D that doesn't put a hurt on their bottom line. That is, if a player can exchange their D for things OTHER than CP and ship parts (EC for example) instead of X CP, it means that player won't have that X number of CP to buy premium items and will instead have to that CP for cash... the opportunity cost to Cryptic is high, I'm surprised they even allow exchanging in-game acquired items for CP at all.

The simple solution here is they should allow D (and, I suppose, latinum) to be bought and sold on the regular exchange, or perhaps they should expand the dilithum exchange to be a more fleshed out currency exchange system.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-09-2012, 09:29 AM
Tell me... Has anyone tried dismissing their DOFF's recently?
Ok so it's a really silly way of doing it. But you can buy DOFF's for EC at the exchange, no?