Lt. Commander
# 1 Sad state of affairs..
02-09-2012, 05:59 AM
Its pretty sad that players are chomping at the bit to play the new FE.

Please don't misunderstand... what I'm saying is, due to the overwelming lack of content in this game evey time cryptic throws the players a bone its like a whole new game is being launched...yikes.

This new FE is maybe 2.5 hours of content released over 4 or 5 weeks. I bet it is fantastic but there is something wrong with getting so revved up over 2.5 hours of gameplay.

This makes me seriously question the viablity of STO.

And certainly question my gold status.

Subs must be dropping like flies.

Thanks Craptic for the bone.

Lt. Commander
# 2
02-09-2012, 06:03 AM
between the lack of content & the intentional destruction of PVP with todays console change I think PWE wants Cryptic gone, & It's troublesome American IP with it.
Neverwinter will be able to release without Cryptics bad name & reputation on it then.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-09-2012, 06:05 AM
players chomp at the bit for every FE but what would you suggest they do then?

why do you question the viability of the game when that is pretty much what we have had for the past 2 years? the game is now f2p and they actually hit their server limit for the max number of players on at any one time for a while.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-09-2012, 06:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amidoinitright View Post
between the lack of content & the intentional destruction of PVP with todays console change I think PWE wants Cryptic gone, & It's troublesome American IP with it.
Neverwinter will be able to release without Cryptics bad name & reputation on it then.
by who? PWE?
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-09-2012, 06:06 AM
Its great that people are excited. Its just pathetic it took this long, and even more pathetic that it will be half a year before the next FE series after this one.
Lt. Commander
# 6 in retrospect
02-09-2012, 06:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amidoinitright View Post
Everyone likes to have a scapegoat.....I never cared for PWE games because they were oblivious in design anyway. I have enjoyed much of what cryptic has produced however and feel this marriage of sorts to PWE isn't doing them any favors in the street cred department.

Developers are artists, if you have a tumor (PWE) hindering your ability to create good things.....you get slightly good things....with a hint of bad things.....
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-09-2012, 06:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Its great that people are excited. Its just pathetic it took this long, and even more pathetic that it will be half a year before the next FE series after this one.
Well, not getting any funding from your parent company will do that to you.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-09-2012, 06:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commadore_Bob
Well, not getting any funding from your parent company will do that to you.
spending all their time converting the game into f2p and making sure the new players enjoy the experience also took a lot of time, but it seems to have paid off by the huge number of people that turned up and are still playing.

it does seem like there will be a sizable gap between the next FE series but if pvp, crafting, fleet and the foundry all get updates in season 6, plus we know there will be at least one klingon ep due after the FE series, with hopefully a few other bits and pieces, i dont see it as a huge problem.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-09-2012, 06:14 AM
I'm not really interested in the FE. Or new PVP content. Or new Factions.
I wasn't really interested in the past FE's either. They were neat, yes. I had a lot of fun playing through them, like I have any other part of the game. But I wasn't on the edge of my seat waiting for them and frothing at the mouth demanding MORE FE'S MORE PVP MORE STFS MORE FACTION. CONTENT CONTENT CONTENT NOW NOW NOW.

All I've wanted for almost two years are the little flashing running-lights on my Intrepid. That's it. 15 minutes work by Logan. Almost two years.

What can I say? I'm easily satisfied by small simple things than large grandiose events.
But then again, I'm obviously the extreme minority.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-09-2012, 06:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
spending all their time converting the game into f2p and making sure the new players enjoy the experience also took a lot of time, but it seems to have paid off by the huge number of people that turned up and are still playing.

it does seem like there will be a sizable gap between the next FE series but if pvp, crafting, fleet and the foundry all get updates in season 6, plus we know there will be at least one klingon ep due after the FE series, with hopefully a few other bits and pieces, i dont see it as a huge problem.
Well, I we can only hope the advent of the lockboxes will provide some funding to stimulate some hiring.