Lt. Commander
# 11
02-09-2012, 07:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commadore_Bob
Well, not getting any funding from your parent company will do that to you.
Yeah, so what they are doing now with the consoles or telling us that they won't be able to probably release but 2 FE series this year (because they will be too focused on consoles and lock boxes) doesn't demonstrate that the same business practices that people have been complaining about and leaving STO over for the past two years aren't legit.

Apologies won't save this game. If people stop giving Cryptic money, your game is gone too and you should be upset about these things.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-09-2012, 07:17 AM
Quote:
Well, not getting any funding from your parent company will do that to you.
Those excuses dont work anymore. This is a new year under a new F2P model and they have a big new owner who "understands MMOs" or however they put it. The old excuses dont work anymore, and certainly have nothing to do with how long it will be between FE 4 and 5.
Lt. Commander
# 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Its great that people are excited. Its just pathetic it took this long, and even more pathetic that it will be half a year before the next FE series after this one.
Here here.

Though you forgot the part about the original release date...

Quote:
Those excuses dont work anymore. This is a new year and they have a big new owner who "understands MMOs" or however they put it. The old excuses dont work anymore, and certainly have nothing to do with how long it will be between FE 4 and 5.
And again, spot on.
Lt. Commander
# 14
Quote:
Well, I we can only hope the advent of the lockboxes will provide some funding to stimulate some hiring.
That's just going to **** people off and lean towards lack of funds in the future. You still need people around to make money.
Lt. Commander
# 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorko1 View Post
Yeah, so what they are doing now with the consoles or telling us that they won't be able to probably release but 2 FE series this year (because they will be too focused on consoles and lock boxes) doesn't demonstrate that the same business practices that people have been complaining about and leaving STO over for the past two years aren't legit.

Apologies won't save this game. If people stop giving Cryptic money, your game is gone too and you should be upset about these things.
That is related to the whole "not having funding" thing. If you have no money, you can't hire people to build content. So you make do with what you have which was a ship artist.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-09-2012, 07:19 AM
Quote:
Those excuses dont work anymore. This is a new year under a new F2P model and they have a big new owner who "understands MMOs" or however they put it. The old excuses dont work anymore, and certainly have nothing to do with how long it will be between FE 4 and 5.
Hiring takes time. They may get more than two out. But as we have seen, it is better to temper expectations than to later disappoint.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-09-2012, 07:21 AM
Quote:
Hiring takes time. They may get more than two out. But as we have seen, it is better to temper expectations than to later disappoint.
They've been hiring for over six months now if I recall properly.

It still doesn't matter. These money grabs are not helping the game. It doesn't matter if you have more money to make content if you've disgusted your player base to the point of leaving your game for good. Do you really think Cryptic can continue to compete like this in world where MMOs are going f2p on a regular basis?
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-09-2012, 07:21 AM
Quote:
Well, I we can only hope the advent of the lockboxes will provide some funding to stimulate some hiring.
the sooner they staff up the better for everybody but i dont think money is the limiting factor in them hiring right now. from what i understand they are looking for people but getting the right people can be a long process. computer game designing is a fairly specific skill. i imagine there is not an over abundance of them around.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-09-2012, 07:22 AM
Nevermind...
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-09-2012, 07:22 AM
If there is one thing I've learned as an LTSer here, its that "things will get better" just beyond that next hill.

Don't get me wrong, there is still a small crystal of dilithium left in my warp core of STO hope.

But, its always been just beyond the next hill for STO improving. First, it was the deadline, then Atari, then F2P. I just don't really believe it will get better. I think this is the STO everybody is stuck with.

I'll hope for the best, but experience here tells me that isn't happening.