Lt. Commander
# 11
02-11-2012, 02:45 AM
I'd rather see a revamp of the indeed obsolete Gal-R instad of a seperateable Gal-X. I could imagine buffing the Gal-R a bit, NO heavy cannons, slightly more turn rate, more HP, maybe a universal ENG station and call it a "Confrontation Cruiser" (for exploration in hostile occupied territory --> Gamma Orionis). It would make the Gal-R (or Monarch for that matter) kind of useful becuase since the Odyssey showed up there is no need for her anymore. And the Gal-X scores because it has DHC. Seperation on that thing shouldn't even work due to the lance.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-11-2012, 04:18 PM
The Galaxy R, barring the actual seperation, is already overshadowed by the Gal-X. I'd like to see them revamped so they both are unique.

For the Galaxy-X, I'd like to be able to pilot either part, but the cloak goes with the engineering section, and the lance goes with the saucer. Some sort of revamp on the saucer to provide internal warp might be nice, although it'll have no game effect.

For the Galaxy-R I'd universal some of the BO slots, maybe all the Lt and under, so other then the high end engineering stuff, its completely customizable to your needs. Buff the maneuverability of each section while divided (it doesn't have as much extra mass as the Galaxy X add-ons). Perhaps give it some additional universal console slots, so it can make better use of the new console's then other ships.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-12-2012, 01:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzy
The Galaxy R, barring the actual seperation, is already overshadowed by the Gal-X. I'd like to see them revamped so they both are unique.

For the Galaxy-X, I'd like to be able to pilot either part, but the cloak goes with the engineering section, and the lance goes with the saucer. Some sort of revamp on the saucer to provide internal warp might be nice, although it'll have no game effect.

For the Galaxy-R I'd universal some of the BO slots, maybe all the Lt and under, so other then the high end engineering stuff, its completely customizable to your needs. Buff the maneuverability of each section while divided (it doesn't have as much extra mass as the Galaxy X add-ons). Perhaps give it some additional universal console slots, so it can make better use of the new console's then other ships.
Except what would be the point of a cloak on the Star Drive, other than the short damage boost, if the enemy can see the Saucer hovering nearby?
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-12-2012, 05:05 AM
edit posts a new post yet again!
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-12-2012, 05:11 AM
the galaxy is such a modular ship, both lt stations and the ens station should be universal, wile keeping the strong engineering background with the com and ltc engineering stations. that gives it a lot of flexibility without giving it access to any high end science or tactical powers, it would not do any major damage to balance.

the galaxy R NEED something with the galaxy X getting its trick, and being twice as good a ship in game. the defiant isn't crippled by its crummy tactical ensign, it turns extremely well and has a cloak, it can live with that ensign. the intrepid benefits from its sci ensign, they can never have to many science powers. the galaxy R runs into a lack of ability diversity at ensign level and is bogged down by global cool downs with its 3 engineering ensigns, on top of all it's other built in arbitrary drawbacks.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-12-2012, 09:10 AM
Unless they are making the separation console WORK on the Dreadnought. That way you MUST own both.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-12-2012, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OtakuboyT View Post
Unless they are making the separation console WORK on the Dreadnought. That way you MUST own both.
I don't see anything wrong with this. I already own almost every FED ship available, so why not let people swap the saucer sep module between the Galaxy Refit and the Galaxy Dreadnaught?

There are many consoles that you can use on multiple ships and it makes perfect sense that this console would work on all Galaxy-type ships.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-12-2012, 04:35 PM
looking at the powerbar in that pic, lance is greyed out.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-12-2012, 10:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OtakuboyT View Post
This is what they will be doing. Instad of making the most iconic starship in Star Trek worth a damn you just have to buy a stepping stone to use a ability which every ship should have naturally on the ones that actually do something
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-13-2012, 12:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VangarVega
This is what they will be doing. Instad of making the most iconic starship in Star Trek worth a damn you just have to buy a stepping stone to use a ability which every ship should have naturally on the ones that actually do something
it already was the worst cruiser, now theres not a single unique thing about it. the most iconic ship, in a clean attractive form, needs a competitive representation in game.