Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
02-09-2012, 12:14 PM
I really wish that for PvP that Cryptic would just scrap the queu system they have in place entirely. Make every PvP like Ker'rat...fly to the planet, jump into the PvP match, dumped on your side with whoever else is there, have multiple instances. All Fleet Actions should follow the same type of formula. I would say the same about STFs, but I suppose they need a bit more planning than the standard run-n-gun and the queu can help protect the n00bs from themselves.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-09-2012, 01:52 PM
I support this 100%. I haven't played DCU in a few months but it was the game that got me to like pvp. And the fact that all the best gear was stuff you got in game by grinding pvp matches made it so that you learned as you went. Also, a setup like their combat rating would help in STFs.

Note: Combat rating in DCU is calculated off the damage value of your weapons and the defense value of your armor. If its to low you cannot queue up for their version of STFs.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-09-2012, 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantesh View Post
It was all about skill in there and not who had the best loadout or gear.
STO PvP at max level is not about gear. There are many in the OPvP channel that can dish hell damage or heals out using common gear or even MK VIII gear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantesh View Post
I've had a few matches where I took on 2-3 players by myself and came out on top. I've also had some 1v1s where I got thoroughly trashed. I'd love to see more PvP like that.
This shows your skill quotient. Those 3 you tanked may have been in the lower percentile of those that PvP and the one that thrashed you is in a higher percentile. If 2 ships are equal in spec and gear the better player will come out on top 90% of the time. There are many that exclusively PvP that believe MK X purples are still beeter than MKXI + because most MK X purples actually have 3 useful modifiers, most MK XI+ only have 2 useful and the [Dmg] modifier.

STO PvP relies on many things, player skill 70%, Skill point Usage 10%, efficient use of "Difference" making Boffs (BP is not difference maker) 10%, 2% Luck, 7% P2W crap now, 1% intangibles positive and negative
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-09-2012, 06:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Collier
Yes but in DCUO there isn't gear for sale with cash that is demonstrably superior to in game stuff and the best gear for doing the normal PvP is obtained by doing PvP, you can't get raid gear from PvP and vice versa.

Legends is a cool thing though.
Yeah, DCUO may fall short of being too nice to customers in many ways. All you have to do is pay for a sub once, and not even the full blown sub, and you get pretty good access to essential features of the game like how much of currency you can have. Also, pay for a sub, and you get access to all new content and don't have to pay for expansions.

There is no pay to win and if I wanted to play a super hero MMO right now, I'd abandon Star Trek immediately. And by the by, compared with Champions, there is no comparison. The combat in DCUO is fluid and based a lot on skill. Great game. I probably should stop talking about it in STO's forums.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-09-2012, 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by badnewsoit View Post
I support this 100%. I haven't played DCU in a few months but it was the game that got me to like pvp. And the fact that all the best gear was stuff you got in game by grinding pvp matches made it so that you learned as you went. Also, a setup like their combat rating would help in STFs.

Note: Combat rating in DCU is calculated off the damage value of your weapons and the defense value of your armor. If its to low you cannot queue up for their version of STFs.
Actually, I read that they just fixed that sort of and came up with a system for running RAIDS for people without all the gear. On the flip side, those RAIDs for lowbies aren't going to deliver the same way the more 1337 RAIDs would in terms of loot drops. I thought that was fair. That way if you loved story you could have it and not have to worry about the grindfest. However, if you wanted to be 1337 you could be and not have to worry about people who didn't care for it.